Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  Mediatracker Trails Bug 
Mediatracker Trails Bug
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Mediatracker Trails Bug  
Hey everyone, I have a little problem with the intro of my new track.

The trails are a line that constantly connects the car with it's starting point instead of just following it and I have no clue why. :s
Does anyone know why the do not work right and how can I fix this problem?
Moped Racer

Is this just in the replay previewer, or does it happen when you go to validate the track as well?

Where do the trails start in comparison to the replay blocks?
Sports Saloon Racer

It just happens when I validate the track. The ghost does not even drive when I watch it in the Mediatracker, it just stops at it's starting point. :s

The ghost I used is recorded from the start and I made a time distance of a few seconds. The point which is connected by the trails with the car is the point where the ghost starts after this time distance, so not from the start, but from the point where it begins driving during the intro.

Hope it's understandable, it's hard to tell in english if you don't have the names of all the mt functions. :$
Moped Racer

If you delete the trails, what happens to the replay, will it run normally? Try adding the trails back, making sure they start after the replay starts (doesn't matter by how much).
Sports Saloon Racer

Thanks for your big effort bucky! Unfortunately it still doesn't work. :(

After deleting the trails the ghost worked normal in the mt, so I could see it drive. After adding the trails again, starting half a second after the replay I first thought I got it, because in the mt everything worked right, but when I was going to validate the track i had the same problem again. :s

So now it works in the mt, but still not in the final intro.
Moped Racer

i got this too
just ignore it
if you upload the map, it will show it the right way
just another editor bug
THINK its not illegal yet

Ok thank you and also thanks bucky! :) (y)
Last edited by XT kruemelyeti,
Moped Racer

Happy to help :)
Sports Saloon Racer

Uploaded the track now, but the problem still exists. Also the text "The Rapture" which is (or rather should be) on the pillar. I did it in the MT (up to 3 numbers after the comma) and it fits perfect with the border of the pillar, but now in the normal intro it's somewhere completely different. :s
This is possible to fix, just have to watch the intro every time I change a number, which is much work, but anyway possible to manage.
However the trails are a real mystery. don't know what to do, saw it working in many other tracks, but I don't get it myself...
You can watch yourselves:

edit: played the track online today and the trails worked right... this shit is totally confusing. :s
Last edited by XT kruemelyeti,
Moped Racer

Now, I know this is late (over a year, I suppose), but are you saying the trails in an intro only work properly when playing the map online?
Boy would that suck. :s
Quad Bike Racer
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem