Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  Selling sign packs for Planets... (quick question) 
Selling sign packs for Planets... (quick question)
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Selling sign packs for Planets... (quick question)  
Hello guys.
So far, all my sign packs were free, But I would like to sell them for my own price. I understand that I will have to create a .pack.gbx file from it using ManiaPlanet packs manager and a .ZIP package with the signs in it?

I got a nice .ZIP file into the ManiaPlanet\Packs folder, in the .ZIP file are the folders Skins\Any\Advertisement and into the Advertisement folder is a folder with the signs in it.

My question is:
Is it possible to create a package like this, or do I have to create other folders/files before creating a package?
Last edited by Elmigo,
G-kart Racer

Hey Elmigo,

I have no answer to your question, but I think seeling signs is not a good idea. There will always be people who are not willing to pay Planets for signs. Those players can't experience the track how it is meant to be. So as a trackbuilder I would not use signs that I have to pay for, because everybody should be able to play a track like it is intended.

Hans
:d

PS: I don't even use custom contents that have an effect on your performance on a track at all. It happened too often that a download-link for signs didn't work and it gets 100 times harder to drive the track, than with working signs. That's defenetly a personal preference, but I want to make sure that everybody has the same chance for driving a good time, even when you're playing offline. If the music or some picture doesn't get downloaded it's no prpblem to drive a track without. But I'm getting a bit off-topic here...
8-|
Beetle Racer

Hello Hans.

So alright, selling signs might be a bad idea, but maybe I can sell other things in .PACK.GBX files so I can also earn Planets with my work. So when I want to create a package from any skin, model or mod, what do I have to do for it to make the .PACK.GBX file work like it's supposed to?

About the playability of the track, I once played a track which had really nice signs in it. I could see the signs, but only when driving the track I downloaded. Later, I discovered that sign pack, and it was about 499 planets. How come I could see them?

~Elmigo

PS. Thanks for your quick reply :)
Last edited by Elmigo,
G-kart Racer

About your second question: Probably somebody else used the signpack in another track you've played and made a new and free download-link for the pack. So you had it before you downloaded the track where you had to pay. It's just a guess, but I think a reasonable one...
:d
Beetle Racer
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem