Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  Correct way to add custom stuff? 
Correct way to add custom stuff?
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Correct way to add custom stuff?  
Have some questions on how to add custom stuff to my track, wondering if i'm doing it right:

Custom made signs
Do i just make example falkerssign.jpg, open maniaplanet and hit help»custom data»block skin and open my falkerssign.jpg.
Maniaplanet will then convert this to falkerssign.dds and i can find it in my "Documents\ManiaPlanet\Skins\Any\Advertisement" folder.
To make it downloadable i then make a falkerssign.dds.loc file(in same folder) with the http link inserted to the image on my webserver(falkerssign.dds uploaded there) and voila! all done and working?

Custom car skin(gps use) and track visual mods downloaded from maniapark.com i just make sure to have downloaded not just the car/mod it self but also placed the locater in my folder and this should make it so users using my track will then auto download the car/mod from maniapark.com since they supply the link in locater?

I'm new to all this so i hope i got it right?

Wonder if i posted this in wrong forum, hm.. feel free to move it (y)
Last edited by Falkers,
G-kart Racer

just take the jpg, put it in the advertisment folder and also upload it, make sure it's accessible via direct link. create the locator and put it in the advertisment folder, too. you don't need dds and trackmania won't change it into dds either. jpg is smaller, too.

everything about the cars and mods from maniapark.com seems right.
hf
tracks for nolifers!

Thx for the reply.

I already did several of my signs this way:

First make'em as a jpg and use maniplanet as i described in my first post here to make them dds.
So i make two files for one image:
image.dds (uploaded to webserver)
image.dds.loc (in my folder with link to the image.dds on my webserver)

This should work right?

But i can also just do this you mean?:

image.jpg
image.jpg.loc (the locater file with link to the image.jpg)

?
G-kart Racer

First time i do custom stuff, hope it works in my new track .

*edit never mind i figured it out now, all working :)
Last edited by Falkers,
G-kart Racer
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem