Location: Home  Community Forums  Resources  [GbxDump] Gbx File Dumper Application 
[GbxDump] Gbx File Dumper Application
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
[GbxDump] Gbx File Dumper Application  
GbxDump by Electron

This tool indicate the contents of the file header of GameBox "Map", "Challenge", "Replay" and "Pack" files.
Map builders can check all external dependencies, top ten records and count of awards at Mania Exchange.

After installation the context menu of GameBox (Gbx) files has an additional entry "GbxDump". Using this command you can view into this Gbx file.
You can also run the tool from the start menu and open any Gbx file within the program (Start » Programs » Tools » GbxDump).
Nevertheless, the easiest way is to use drag-and-drop from Microsoft Windows Exporer. Then several files can immediately be analyzed at once.

Main features:
:done: Displays general track properties
:done: Displays external dependencies
:done: Displays the author comment
:done: Shows and exported the thumbnail
:done: Online interface to the T/MX trackbase
:done: Online interface to the Dedimania records database

Download of GbxDump
Filename: gbxdump.zip
Filesize: ~330 KB
Language: German, English
Games: Nadeo Virtual Skipper, TrackMania, TrackMania 2
OS Versions: Windows NT 4.0/2000/XP/Vista/7/8
--
Last edited by Electron,
Learner Driver

Really nice tool ;)
It would be cool if you go on with the rest of the dump and add rixmix features :cool:
(If you want I can try to help you, just write a PM)
Learner Driver

looks really cool and useful, indeed :) but no blockmixing now, the game just started, till now there should be no mixing
Beetle Racer

Yes, I agree. But for some details (like remove pillars from arenablocks) rixmixing would be very nice ;)
Learner Driver

The GBX Dump program isn't a block mixing program ...
Deep fried

Yes, I know. It was just a propose about what he can implement next
Learner Driver

Version 1.21 now supports Maniacredited Packs (*.Pack.Gbx; *.pak).

To access data outside the file header, you need to uncompress the data section with the LZO real-time data compression library. But the LZO library is licensed under the GNU GPL. If I want to use this library, I have to puplish my software under the GPL license, too. And I do not want that in the case of GbxDump.
Learner Driver

Is there an equivalent program available under the LGPL?
Learner Driver
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem