Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  Disableing in imported ghost during a race 
Disableing in imported ghost during a race
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Disableing in imported ghost during a race  
Hey guys !

I'd like to add some kind of "follow-me" car in my track to help the player finding his way, but i wouldn't want to force it to see it if he doesn't want to. Is there any way to disable a ghost that was imported into the in-game mt ? I know it's G key for ghosts, O key for oponnents, but is there any for such ghosts ?

And i'd also like to know if there's a way to add trails only to the player or the a ghost, but not both ?

Thanks in advance :)
Quad Bike Racer

As far as I know, there is no way to disable MT ghosts. If you want to show a player the way, have him drive through a block that has a trigger for the ghost that isn't part of the normal driving line. Keep in mind that the player doesn't have to be following the example ghost, he just has to see it. A popular method is to put a false route somewhere off the start, and have that trigger the GPS ghost. The camera would then change to this ghost.

I don't have a lot of experience with trails, but I think something similar applies. Perhaps they're only triggered when you drive across a trigger for the trails ...

Hope this helps :)
Sports Saloon Racer

Thanks Bucky ! That idea of making a second way at the start that would trigger a ghost that a player can then follow could help me, i'll think about it. I knew about the gps ghosts, but i wanted the player to discover the track as he drives, and being able to oneshoot it at the first try, and with ease.
Thanks again for you help :)
Quad Bike Racer
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem