Block Mixing
Page: 2 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer

I find it funny that people already want blockmixing even before they are familiar with the editor.
But towards the complainers I have to say: Blockmixing is freedom and if Nadeo doesn't give it to the players then they'll find their way and that's certainly creative. ;)
Imagine RPG without blockmixing.. no? Me neither.. :p
Blockmixing is nothing evil, it's just what some people make with it. But those propably wouldn't build a good track without mixing anyway.
..wasn't me

Block mixing can make a block more creatived when mixed, ( yes i did see alot of ppl in TMN/U use it to either make the track even better , or make it absoulutley awful.

Yes it does have its advantages:

tiding up the track
making more spectactular jumps
more creativity

But also have its disavantages

some ppl don't understand it and bloxmix everything
stuff the track up
alot of flashing.

alot of FS tracks don't have Bloxmixing, but if you are an RPG player/mapper just look at some of the best maps in trackmania that were blockmixed (rpg )

did you ever play a map that had a smooth pipe transition ? that's blockmixing. Rings halfway in ground ? that's blockmixing .

the haters don't like it as they didn't know how to block mix..... IMO

Learner Driver

At least it's possible:
Segmentation fault

TurboBirdy says:

the haters don't like it as they didn't know how to block mix..... IMO
And Kids cant drive because they've no drivers licence :|
absolutely senseless sentence, like the one i quotet
G-kart Racer

Block mixing can be useful if used correctly, but since most of you can't moderate themselves, it rains crap, ugly, and unrealistic maps, totally bugged and painful to the eye... The game isn't even in final version and you already lack creativity at the point that you need more freedom in the editor ? You should really uninstall...
Quad Bike Racer

+1 Virus
G-kart Racer

Virus says:
Block mixing can be useful if used correctly, but since most of you can't moderate themselves, it rains crap, ugly, and unrealistic maps, totally bugged and painful to the eye... The game isn't even in final version and you already lack creativity at the point that you need more freedom in the editor ? You should really uninstall...

You could not be more right (y)
Beetle Racer

Virus says:

True, it can indeed be useful if it's used correctly and not overused.

E.g. you know those thin wall panes at the side of a cell. They take the full cell's space. Mixing something then is very useful.
Never had a case I "wanted" to mix stuff except for then in a trial map tribute.
Segmentation fault

I don't really understand this ranting about bloxmixing. I've never seen a thread where people where ranting about damn mods.
Most mods look plain ugly. Yet people seem to be fine with that.
Although a bad mod can be just as bad for the driving experience as a bad mix.

Most of the tracks without mixing are useless.. nobody is ranting about that (other than in the endless award discussion threads :p ).
So why care for the ones with mixes. Where's the difference?

If you play a bad map, just move on, no matter what makes the track bad.
Last edited by SkunkY,
..wasn't me

Back to the roots 8-|
Beetle Racer
Page: 2 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem