Location: Home  Community Forums  Deployed  incorrect Login information leads to confusing site 
incorrect Login information leads to confusing site
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
incorrect Login information leads to confusing site  
When providing incorrect info on login, a page with an error message like this one is shown:

... says:

Error

There was an error while processing your request ...

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: second

and the following stacktrace is displayed:
Code:
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Union[TSource](IEnumerable`1 first, IEnumerable`1 second)

at TmExchange.Core.ViewEngines.RazorThemeViewEngine.FindView(ControllerContext controllerContext, String viewName, String masterName, Boolean useCache)
at System.Web.Mvc.ViewEngineCollection.<>c__DisplayClassc.b__a(IViewEngine e)
at System.Web.Mvc.ViewEngineCollection.Find(Func`2 lookup, Boolean trackSearchedPaths)
at System.Web.Mvc.ViewEngineCollection.Find(Func`2 cacheLocator, Func`2 locator)
at System.Web.Mvc.ViewResult.FindView(ControllerContext context)
at System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass1c.b__19()
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName)

I just thought mistyping your password should maybe just show a little message and not throw an exception and show that to the user :p When I tried to login today, I was sure at first I had it right and tried it a few times. I started thinking that I might have encountered a site bug and saved all the text on the page. But I actually just forgot I had used a different password for this site.
Other users might make the same mistake without realizing it.

This is probably well known and not an important issue but I couldn't find a related post. (It's not easy to make a real use of the forum's search function since more markup of the posts found is displayed than their actual content).
Last edited by Charli,
Learner Driver
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem