Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  I cant place certain objects when making a track 
I cant place certain objects when making a track
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
I cant place certain objects when making a track  
Hi guys, I am wanting to make a dirt track in Stadium but I am finding it difficult to place certain objects

I have took a couple of pictures to show what I mean. I can't place this or any of the others from this location

When I click on the link at the top left of the screen I get this.

Is there something that needs to be done so I can use these objects in my track.

Please someone help me as I am getting irritated by it.

Thanks
Johnboy
Last edited by johnboy82,
Learner Driver

build some dirt hills, and then this block can be placed on the edge of it, like this:

also, these are called blocks, not objects. objects is smth else ^^
Zimmer Racer

Ok cool thanks for the quick reply. And yeah I wasn't to sure if it was blocks or objects but now I know. Thanks for the help :d
Learner Driver

Just for future reference (or for anyone reading) blocks are ones that have clips, and connect to other blocks (most specifically, these are track pieces). Everything else is an object (such as most scenery blocks).
Moped Racer

lol? blocks are all blocks, and objects are those 3d things which are only placeable in titles...
Zimmer Racer

Perhaps in general speech, yes, but citing Nadeo's use of the terms, they specifically added a custom object importer, and stated that custom blocks would be quite a ways away if they were to happen at all.

eyebo says:

I think there's some confusion between blocks and objects.

Objects is what was announced to be coming in ManiaPlanet 2.0. How they differ from blocks? I don't know all the ways they differ. One way in which they differ is that blocks generally have clips (those things on the end of the block telling what other type of block it can connect to). - full post
Moped Racer

that post is outdated...
Zimmer Racer

Understood...but did the spreading of quote on quote "outdated" general knowledge of the terminology really reach the point of necessary criticism. Nvm, this is trivial anyway.
Moped Racer

Beetle Racer
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem