Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  Rainmeter 
Rainmeter
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Rainmeter  
Before you ask, yes I did put this on the TMX fourms too.
I don't know if anyone is familiar with Rainmeter http://rainmeter.net/cms/ - it's a desktop customization tool. You can completely redesign your desktop so it looks absolutely nothing like Windows (hooray! :p ) And it's interactive so you can have things that can open other programs/links, control music players, and gather and display information from the internet and your computer.

So to cut a long story short, I made a TMUF skin for Rainmeter. It's made to look like the screen you would see online (at least the screen I'm familiar with) using poorly photoshopped versions of the xAseco widgets. But I made it so that it's fairly customizable - you can move around all the boxes how you want them. There's only a couple of things that I made that are just decorative - most of it is interactive/useful stuff. If you're new to Rainmeter it might take a little while to work everything out, but I hope I made everything clear in the descriptions of the skins - you might well need to edit the skins to change the computer user name/file path/website/whatever but it's not too hard. You'll have to make your own screenshots to set as a wallpaper I'm afraid! The skin works best if you set the taskbar to autohide.

Download page:
http://jeezy56.deviantart.com/art/Trackmania-Skin-1-0-364264306?q=gallery%3Ajeezy56&qo=0

I don't have Canyon so I won't be making one like that, but I'll make a TM2 Stadium skin set when the game is no longer in beta.
Learner Driver

Rainmeter may be cool, and be a fresh look for those who really thinks the windows layout is boring. Though, I've used Rainmeter for a while a year ago, I'd never get a feeling that rainmeter was more effective than the standard windows design. But adding a cool clock and using the "notes" function you can create with rainmeter is pretty damn more good lookin' than the windows widgets.

Anyway, for me it's pretty damn impressive that you managed to "re-create" the design in TMF on Rainmeter. So good work dude. I'll see if I get this working on my Pc :p
Lagoon yay!
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem