Location: Home  Community Forums  Resources  MapEdit - A blockmixing tool for Maniaplanet games 
MapEdit - A blockmixing tool for Maniaplanet games
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
MapEdit - A blockmixing tool for Maniaplanet games  
MapEdit is a new blockmixing tool for every Maniaplanet game, which will edit .Map.Gbx files using an external application and save them with modified values, as specified by you.

Unlike other related tools (e.g. ChallengeEdit) this tool writes data back to the file from nothing and does not save file "positions". Basically this allows things like block adding, removing, renaming etc. straight from inside the application.

Besides, it is able to display some additional information about your map.

Anyway, some screenshots.

A short guide on how to get started quickly.
1. File -> Open your map
2. Select a block, at the right hand side modify it's values (modifying positions is easiest). Hit apply when you're done.
3. File -> Save your map
Note: Back your map up regulary when using this tool (also if you do not use it, by the way). I can not garantuee that it always works, even though I've tested it a lot.

Download
Binaries (The application itself) - v1
Source code

Changelog
See maniaplanet forums topic

Future
This application is not yet fully completed, but so far it allows blockmixing in any title/environment. In the future I plan adding ways to edit other data stored in the gbx file, like modifying custom objects' positions etc.
If you feel like contributing to the application, you can do so through Github (see the source code link).

Enjoy :3.
Last edited by TGYoshi,
Segmentation fault

Brilliant work. This is what I needed. Nice block-mixing ala challenge edit.

Two things I would like to know.
Is it possible to add a value to toggle between air and ground version?
What about the functionality to delete a block from the file?
Moped Racer

tcq says:
Is it possible to add a value to toggle between air and ground version?

Ground/air information is stored as a flag value. It's a little hard to figure it out at the moment, but easiest is probably placing a ground, then an air block, then copy the flags from the ground to the air block (or inversed).

tcq says:

Use the "Remove selected block" button?
Keep in mind to remove the Unassigned block as well, if there's one after the block you'd like to remove (untick the checkbox next to the search bar). If you don't do that your map might not load.
Segmentation fault

TGYoshi says:
tcq says:

Use the "Remove selected block" button?
Keep in mind to remove the Unassigned block as well, if there's one after the block you'd like to remove (untick the checkbox next to the search bar). If you don't do that your map might not load.

Ah, thank you. The button was to big and therefore I failed to recognise it :d
Moped Racer

Awesome! Ive been waiting for something like challenge edit to show up. Thanks for making this tool dude, your a legend.
G-kart Racer

offtopic/ Developer? nice (:
Zimmer Racer

I've updated MapEdit:
- Multiselection
- Relative modification (useful for multiselection mainly)
- Map backups (optional)
- Recent files
- Current directory in the file explorer (open/save) is now saved
- Regex searching
- Replay -> Map conversion (see under the Extra menu)
- Locator tester/viewer (can attempt to download all locators so you can check if you've included locators properly)

Same download link.
Segmentation fault

One thing I think its important, for the "noobs" like me that used tm unlimiter, I dont know the names of all blocks. U could had a section like "help" and like the names to pictures or smth like that :p
Learner Driver

silky says:
One thing I think its important, for the "noobs" like me that used tm unlimiter, I dont know the names of all blocks. U could had a section like "help" and like the names to pictures or smth like that :p

Activate the Plugins mode and select - imho - two useful plugins, to get the current coordinates and the selected block
MX Supporter
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem