Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  Does a sign change erase online records for a track? 
Does a sign change erase online records for a track?
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Does a sign change erase online records for a track?  
Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if changing a sign (because the locator got messed up/removed from where it was hosted) would erase online records (I hope not).

While on this topic, anyone know a good place to store locators (preferably free, or cheap). I can't use Fileden which is what I used on TMUF because it is now blocked by my virus software as a phishing scam and I don't want to argue with something that is trying to protect my computer! ;)
G-kart Racer

dropbox, perhaps?
Moped Racer

Depends if the UID changes.
Keep a copy of the old map, then update the locators.
Open both maps in e.g. MapEdit ( http://tm.mania-exchange.com/threads/2020/mapedit-a-blockmixing-tool-for-maniaplanet-games?page=-1 ), then compare the UID's (listed under the Map data tab).

If they equal, the online records will not be invalidated. If they differ, they will be (well, not really, just that your updated map will be seen as a different map with it's own records).
Segmentation fault

If you have to redrive the author time I think the replays will become invalid too.

And dropbox is great for hosting locators
Last edited by Tuta,
· · · – – – · · ·
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem