Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  TM2 MT SYSTEM MELTDOWN 
TM2 MT SYSTEM MELTDOWN
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
TM2 MT SYSTEM MELTDOWN  
In TM 1 after validating a track and saving the replay I can open the MT system, import the replay, assign default/ internal or custom cameras (or any other effects ) to the car and create a GPS in less than 60 seconds, no matter how long the track is, with absolutely no problems, ( custom camera being my preferred choice because I can use clip blocks to tweak the camera angle, FOV etc.).
It took me literally years to work out every aspect of the TM1 MT system ( it took so long because I never even seen a tutorial of any description until I'd already worked it out for myself).
In the complete ' microscopic maze' that is the 'TM2 Editor'
I'm embarrassed to say, I cannot even work out (what for me 'should' be) the simple task of importing a replay.
Due to some serious personal problems I simple have not got the time to go through the same lengthy process of 'hit and miss' self education
I absolutely hate to ask but I am desperately in need of ("Advanced") TM2 MT system tutorials. I am a creator more than a driver so if there are no 'professional' tutorials available I honestly see no point in even playing TM2.

Please help.

trax
Learner Driver

How to import a replay:

- open replay with replay-editor (not in track-editor)
- save/export replay as clip (one of the symbols in the upper left corner)
- in the track-editor/MT: import clip (upper left)

The rest should be similar to TM1. (Don't hesitate to ask if you're still having problems.)
Yesterday I've realized, that my car-skin hasn't been saved. I get grey cars in GPS. Keep an eye on that...

and yes,
WE NEED A NEW TUTORIAL-SITE!

Hans
:d
Beetle Racer

Hans Holo says:

Yesterday I've realized, that my car-skin hasn't been saved. I get grey cars in GPS. Keep an eye on that...

Off-topic, but maybe that is related to this issue:
http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=470&t=23291&start=0
Learner Driver

No problems now, I think I've figured out the cams
Thanks for the advice pple
Trax_ (y)
Last edited by trax,
Learner Driver
Zimmer Racer

Thanks for the link (y) it remains to be seen how helpful it will turn out to be :$

And here is yet another stupid question
I have 'finally' managed to create a 19 second dirt mini (in a totally ridiculous amount of time)
But now I want to trim the excess dirt from around the edge of the track.
There are two dirt icons but 'No grass icon'.

Could anyone Please tell me
How do I delete ground level dirt in TM2 ?
(and please don't say 'Use the back arrow' :) )

trax
Learner Driver

@samppa: thx, but my car is visible in online-games (at least I'm told so). Seems like the skin doesn't get saved in the track.(?)

@trax: maybe you can tell us what your exact problem is. What are you doing? What isn't working?

and in general: the MT has always been horrible, in TM 1 & 2.
;)
Beetle Racer

just delete it like you delete blocks, but first go into terraforming mode (first icon, or F1).
Zimmer Racer

No problems now, I think I've figured out the cams
Thanks for the advice pple
Trax_ (y)
Last edited by trax,
Learner Driver

Thx Space (y) soooo simple but unexpected ;)
Learner Driver
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem