Clipping blocks
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Clipping blocks  
Hi there! I'm Cozmik and new to mapping, not only in Trackmania but in general. I'me wondering about something. I've noticed on some tracks that some blocks are clipped together in a way that's not allowed in the in-game editor; for example, a circular checkpoint going around a track block. How does this work? What tools are used?

Thanks in advance, and please try my mapping attempts and give me some feedback and/or tell me to stick to drumming :p

CozmikR5
http://tm.mania-exchange.com/tracksearch?mode=1&authorid=11655
Learner Driver

I guess you refer to Stadium Tracks.
The Ring-CP inside another block is created with a tool called "Blockmix"!
With it, you are able to replace blocks after you built them in TM.
You then open the tool and there's a list of blocks placed.
You can then choose the block you want to place somewhere else and change it's X,Y or Z coordinates!

Unfortunately, I don't have such tool hanging around or a link to one, but
you should be able to find a good one by googling "blockmix tool" or sth similar!
(y)
Quad Bike Racer

there are many links to different tools in the forums
you can find these topics
here and here

nadeo is developing a bmtool too which will be released soon ;)
Beetle Racer

Aight thanks guys!

Just so you know right now I'm mapping only for TM2 Stadium, but this weekend I'll be getting the "Trackmania Complete" bundle. I can't wait to leave the Freezone behind :d

Thanks for the good advice!
Last edited by CozmikR5,
Learner Driver

Hey CozmikR5,

I wrote a short blog about blockmixing in Valley, maybe you find something interesting.

Regards,
Erik
MX Supporter
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem