Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Copper Max Range !!! 
Copper Max Range !!!
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Copper Max Range !!!  
hmm it seems that copper rang has been increased, or just a different game in video card demands.
i know from the old TMU when you get up to 4500 computers start to lag, now you see 9000 + and plays smoothly, so i take it we can add alot of more scenery now =p .
so what will be the max now, i guess only time will tell.
Old Age Caravanner

i think they're "Planets" now actually 8-|
but yes, it looks like there's been some inflation in the TM world
Moped Racer

lol jet, i wonder if you understood at least a word of what sinister said =))

He was referring to the copper count, the value that indicates the size of a map.
Moped Racer

yes. that's what i thought he said. :p
And i heard the name was going to change ^^
Moped Racer

Ofc, remember that you have to compute shadows. I remember my upcoming track somewhat taking 40 minutes to compute shadows on the default setting 8-|

It may play smooth... but for the track builder it could be tedious.
G-kart Racer

Dunno but i had less lags in tmnf as I have in tm2 now. Especially online - and i already reduced my settings, so i'm a bit confused..
Quad Bike Racer

Kryw's Sobekite remake has 19k coppers, I guess that's the current record. I had to compute the shadows on Ultra for him because his PC couldn't handle it. Took my PC 2 hours :|
And yes...the track does lag a lot...on very nice settings.
G-kart Racer

In TMU there's always been big tracks as well. For example Ganja used around 10k planets here and (just guessing) around 7-9k coppers for his TMU tracks.

Lags were not a question of coppers amount in the first place. You could build tracks with 10k coppers and they did not lag when you built all 'inside' (walls and roof around you, driving in tunnels, etc.) but at the same time tracks with 4000 coppers could lag if you were able to see a big part of the map while you were driving.

It's because your gfx card would have to render a whole lot more than on a 10k coppers track where you were driving inside a 'building' and your view was very limited due to walls. So your gfx card didn't have so much to render.

..wasn't me

haha so his map cost money 8-|
TMU

coppers: map size
coppers: to buy stuff

money or data count
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer

I remeber TMS and TMO, when you were limited in copper cost to coppers you've actually gained in solo mode. It was bit frustrating when finishing a map with no possibility of adding that one damn block to get a nice finish.

Now you can make maps with thousands of them without caring how many you have left.

Wonder how maps would look if Nadeo wouldn't remove that limitation in TMU. ... (brb)
G-kart Racer
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem