Further MTC's
Page: 2 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer

Agree with tcq! ;)
gado is a

tcq says:
pascow.esu says:
  • Looking for feedback on the MTC
    Is there anything that bothers you concerning the MTC or room of improvement? Tell us your thoughts. :)

As MP3 is in open beta now, can we expect the removal of the "blockmix rule" as blockmix is now available for everyone in the official editor?

I like that, but only if the blockmix is well made, white flicking parts and trees sticking out of concrete should somehow be avoided, imho...

MX Supporter

there is no reason not to allow bm. It is now >>officially supported<< by Nadeo. So if we dont allow bm we can think about it to not allow Mediatracker, or this roundstartblock... ^^
Quad Bike Racer

"erikfzr" says:

I like that, but only if the blockmix is well made, white flicking parts and trees sticking out of concrete should somehow be avoided, imho...

The design and scenery categories in judging should automatically regulate ugly mixing imho. Might benefit from being one of the examples mentioned in the category's criteria, though.
Moped Racer

I don't think that there is a new category necessary. If the mixes are ugly and buggy, every judge will deduce points for scenery or the Track. Depending on where and how the mixing is done.
gado is a

+1 there can also be bm where the textures arent mixed so it still looks nice. in my opinion you shouldnt lose point in such a case.
there are also some overmixed tracks that look nice...
Beetle Racer

I see my last post was a bit misunderstood. And logically so, because it wasn't formulated very clearly.
broadsword says:

The design and scenery categories in judging should automatically regulate ugly mixing imho. Might benefit from being one of the examples mentioned in the category's criteria, though.

What I meant was that we could consider texture clipping as a part of the judging for scenery, as ugly blockmixing makes the track look uglier. If so, it maybe should be mentioned in the short description of the Scenery category so that it comes as no surprise.
What is to be considered ugly blockmixing is of course, as with everything else in scoring, up to the individual judge.
Last edited by broadsword,
Moped Racer

broadsword says:
I see my last post was a bit misunderstood. And logically so, because it wasn't formulated very clearly.
broadsword says:

What I meant was that we could consider texture clipping as a part of the judging for scenery, as ugly blockmixing makes the track look uglier. If so, it maybe should be mentioned in the short description of the Scenery category so that it comes as no surprise.
What is to be considered ugly blockmixing is of course, as with everything else in scoring, up to the individual judge.

+1
MX Supporter

oh just replied to heanrys post i thought it was related to the two point fee rule that alcator introduced...
Beetle Racer

MTC August coming soon ;)
gado is a
Page: 2 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem