Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  Shadow computing / File size problem ? 
Shadow computing / File size problem ?
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Shadow computing / File size problem ?  
Ok, I got a problem ...
I made my track and was eager to load it up to tmx ..
Unfortunately, it has 830kb after computing shadows. And now what ???

- What is the dedi servers file limit ? (update: jonthekiller said it was 1mb .. will mx also allow 1mb?)
- Is there any possibility to minimise the (shadow) file size ?

--
Update: the filesize gets bigger and bigger :ß I have deleted 50% scenery and now it saves with 908 KB !!! What the f*ck is wrong ???
Last edited by tstargermany,
Old Age Caravanner

Did you import ghosts ?
Quad Bike Racer

ya, the problem were the ghosts. but still, why such a low limit? i mean a great part of the fun is to implement other replays for various reasons and if the file size jumps up due to that, so be it. why the low limit? after all it's not 2006 anymore, this is a new game with better gfx and generally more data -.-'
tracks for nolifers!

Virus says:
Did you import ghosts ?
Yes I did.. for some reason, TM2 didn't recognise that I was importing different instances of the SAME replay (for purposes of using different "offset" values for the GPS). I might be wrong, but I think TMN/TMU DID recognise that and only save it 1 time within the track.

Besides that, yes, 1MB is the limited of the dedi server (according to JTK), MX should stick to the same value.
Old Age Caravanner

I had that problem on a TMU track. I imported the same ghost a lot of time and the file size was over 1.5 Mo. I couldn't upload the track on TMX so i included it in its media pack that was linked in author comments. That would be cool if Nadeo managed to optimize this.
Quad Bike Racer
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem