Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  Can't upload autosaved replay from an envimix server 
Can't upload autosaved replay from an envimix server
Page: 2 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer

Hey medlo i read your post in maniaplanet forum but respond here.

I think the problem is that the game saves the titlepack in which the replay is driven and when its different from the titlepack in which the map is build then MX does not accept the replay. Btw the error message is misleading its says something like "replay does not use caynon car" which is not right instead it should probably be something like "the titlepack is different". With the program GbxDump you can view this information.

However i found a workaround for this problem. I have done it with my replay on your map "Tamacun by   medlo.
Its originally driven in the tm2 titlepack and i could not upload it. Then i opened the normal canyon titlepack and did "Export to validate" with replay editor. Now i could upload the replay. However such replays are not viewable the only thing you can do with this is validate. IMO this is not good. I always thought you can only upload ghost replays to MX.

Edit: when you just open the replay and save it is also not possible to upload.
Last edited by jui,
Learner Driver

Yeah I knew this way of uploading a "replay" but you're right they are not viewable so I find it bad cause people want to watch the replay when you did a good time so... I prefer not to use it.
Thanks for you answer Jui. I hope we will find a solution to our problem!
Learner Driver

The fact that you cannot view the replay is based on the Titlepack problem. If you don't have the exact same Titlepack as the Replay/map is from, then you cannot play the map/replay from this titlepack.

This is a Problem by Maniaplanet and the Titlepack system, so we cannot fix the issue here on MX.
This is really a disadvantage of the titlepack system in my opinion ;)
gado is a

haenry says:
The fact that you cannot view the replay is based on the Titlepack problem. If you don't have the exact same Titlepack as the Replay/map is from, then you cannot play the map/replay from this titlepack.

No. Its because its only a validation replay not a ghost replay :) Also its a "normal Canyon titlepack" replay else it would not be possible to upload it to a "normal Canyon titlepack" map. Just try my replay from the map i posted and you will see what i mean.

TGYoshi says:
It's more the question if someone who doesn't own all titles (and thus can not have the TM2 title) can open it.

This is not a problem anymore with the universal demo (y)

Last edited by jui,
Learner Driver
Page: 2 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem