Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  Beta testers wanted for ambitious rally track! [Valley] 
Beta testers wanted for ambitious rally track! [Valley]
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Beta testers wanted for ambitious rally track! [Valley]  
Link

Hi I'm a guy called velv who used to call himself "Brødhue" on TMNF back in the day. After a long brake from track building, I'm back with an somewhat ambitious Valley track.

Most of the Valley maps I've played have been a tech, fullspeed or other track type that I think doesn't fit the Valley theme or mechanics. Valley is just not as good as Canyon or Stadium at fullspeed and sliding, especially at higher speeds, but what I think Valley does best is lower speed and dirt tracks. That's why I decided to try to make a Rally map, and I think I've succeeded!

The track is pretty long, and you might get lost on the first tries (There is a "gps" in it), but I'm planning to make the map path clear by doing some MT, and maybe use real life rally therms which I think would be VERY cool(!).

There also a larger concept behind this track!
I'm doing some extensive scenery, but this scenery is also planned to become other paths, within the same map, but different versions. Just now I'm focusing on making the different areas look good, not perfectly usable areas to have the new paths. First I want to get some feedback and tips from you guys!

All feedback is good feedback! If you hate it, tell me why. This is my first Valley map, so I don't know any cool tricks, and my driving is poor (I can do much better that what you see in the "gps", it's 6 am and I'm very tired!). Can't wait to hear what you think!
:d
Learner Driver
Rally style Valley tracks  
If you enjoy rally style tracks, check out this forum thread ...
http://tm.mania-exchange.com/threads/2221/project-rally-championship?page=1

Just tried it twice and it needs some signs IMHO - with full quality gfx; the loop road with the CP is hidden and the concrete block objects in the long grass on the little offroad section are invisible. I also think it needs a bit more height variation as the track seems very flat but I enjoy this style just needs a bit more variety.

My longest rally track is here... http://tm.mania-exchange.com/tracks/56117/sunset-enduro
Last edited by Wombat,
Old Age Caravanner
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem