Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  TMN ESWC (The original Stadium) 
TMN ESWC (The original Stadium)
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
TMN ESWC (The original Stadium)  
I feel like i need to get the word out there that ESWC IS still playable and such fun to with NO freezone shit.

I went back to TM Nations ESWC not long ago to see if there was any servers still up and if the exchange is still used. To my surprise, all that is still there but there is not many people still about. That got me thinking, why is that? This game started it all for stadium and is still just as fun to this day. The physics (how the car handles in ESWC) are fun and racing on some of these old school tracks are a ball. It kind of makes me sad its so dead. So in some way so here i am now raising at least a little bit of awareness.

Anyways if your at this point like "WOW ESWC still has servers? I might go back for some racing for nostalgia sake, it could be fun" Well here's what you need to get it running.

Main game download
http://eswc.trackmanianations.com/indexUk.php

Patches
https://sites.google.com/site/typhoontm ... ects=0&d=1

Starforce Driver/remover You need this for ESWC to run on Vista and W7

The old TMX :)
http://nations.tm-exchange.com

Im pretty sure offtopic is the right area, its not really TM2 related. I don't post here often, as in i have not for like a year. Not surprised if my name has been 100% forgotten. :p

Anyways,
Thanks
Typhoon.

Last edited by Typhoon,
G-kart Racer

Cheers Typh, might have to download it and it give it a go again :)
Moped Racer

doesnt work on windows 8 btw.
Zimmer Racer

Kama, great to hear :)

Oh it doesn't work on win8? That does suck. Well that's what people get for using that OS made for a pad. :p
G-kart Racer

8.1 is just fine for PC too though.
Beetle Racer

yeah, 8.1 is pretty good. and I played TMN in virtual machine, not too bad.
Zimmer Racer

Bag Racing, the group i am in has open a server in TMN. =) Expect to see me there!

----------

I have to disagree, windows 8 is not great there even dropping support for 8.1 now. Im not dissing you for using it though, its all preference. I just expect different things from my OS.

Im hoping they do away with all the tablet crap in windows 10 such as that apps and that stupid metro screen or what ever its called these days. If linux wasn't so under supported with games i would use Linux Debian. I don't like windows in general. Accept for XP, it was great but i make do with Win7 now.
Last edited by Typhoon,
G-kart Racer
Completely off-topic appreciation  
Typhoon says:
Bag Racing, the group i am in has open a server in TMN. =) Expect to see me there!

----------

I have to disagree, windows 8 is not great there even dropping support for 8.1 now. Im not dissing you for using it though, its all preference. I just expect different things from my OS.

Im hoping they do away with all the tablet crap in windows 10 such as that apps and that stupid metro screen or what ever its called these days. If linux wasn't so under supported with games i would use Linux Debian. I don't like windows in general. Accept for XP, it was great but i make do with Win7 now.

As an occasional Debian user myself: DON'T. Unless you want age old applications that is (I'm stuck with Libreoffice 3 this shit is nasty people).

I understand that SteamOS is based on Debian, but something tells me it runs over backports repositories. Also, "based on" is different from actually being that. And you can slap the Steam package on anything debian-based tho (ubuntu, mint), so...

As for win itself: 8 and 8.1 are a great deal faster than 7 I've been told. The reason I don't use it is that 8 is a tablet OS. 10 seems to be a crossover OS too, but at least it's thought as something to be used on both sides. A couple of friends who have tested the developer preview say that it's much better than 8. I'm willing to give that bad boy a shot. But for now, Win 7 and my #! linux (basically a debian with the openbox window manager slapped on top) for college work and VM testing.
The Green Dude

The reason debian uses old software is because stability. You get a 99% up time cause of it, which can be a draw point for some people. Also debian seems to run smoother and way more optimized than i have ever seen windows run in my life time, it could be so great for gaming IF 1. It didn't have such a massive release cycle and 2. Devs gave more of a shit.

Its a matter of taste and what you want from your OS. As a base, Debian is good. Its very optimized and its up time is second to none but its draw backs are of course the software and a few other little things.

ANYWAYS, you could also just use Debian Unstable (sid) for newer software to be available to you. But don't expect the highly optimized 99% up time monster of Debian stable. :p Ive never had a problem with sid though.
Last edited by Typhoon,
G-kart Racer
Computing talk.  
"99% uptime", on a normal desktop environment, is achievable with any NT era windows and some common sense. That's anything from 2000 to 8.1. Debian is good for server environments, specially those that are more of the personal persuasion. On a desktop environment, having older everything is a huge hindrance that really doesn't pay off in the long run.

If you're feeling adventurous, however, you can try your luck at Arch Linux. If done properly, the system will be as stable as any debian, but with newer shit and much more customizable.

And if you're feeling EXTRA adventurous, you can just slap Xen on your debian machine and put some windows 7 HVM on there. You'd have to look for the paravirtualization drivers and take a performance hit of about 5%, but on the flip side you'll have a really stable machine.

And seriously, sid is a developer build, with probably nightly builds. I'm not willing to do THAT just to have a newer version of certain softwares. Unless you're talking about testing, which is not sid.

And if your problem is optimization, swap desktop environments. My sis' 8 years old laptop runs Mint with the Cinnamon DE, and that thing only has 1G of RAM.
Last edited by FT»Osaka,
The Green Dude
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem