Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  NUBURGRING NORDSCHLEIFE IDEA... can ya help me?! (yeah,i'm k... 
NUBURGRING NORDSCHLEIFE IDEA... can ya help me?! (yeah,i'm kinda addicted to that track)
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
NUBURGRING NORDSCHLEIFE IDEA... can ya help me?! (yeah,i'm kinda addicted to that track)  
Guys,you may know me as the guy who made the Nordschleife for The TMU Island enviroment already,but without that blocks and that map size i'm kinda having some problems here... so i want ya to give me some advice in one or two things... okay... let's start...

1: Can anyone here tell me if its possible to make a 255x255 track in TM2 yet?! if not... well... i'll kinda need to scale it down a bit :'(

2:anyone here knows if it's possible to,when i pause the game,the Replays i've put on the track and the Fuel metter stop with it?! i was wanting to do a larger 4 to 5 hour challenge,but most probably than ever,if i gonna play for such a long time,i'll need to pause ocasionaly,and the Normal Media Track does not pause it whatsoever (tell me crazy,but ya guys know that in the TMU exchange there are challenges of 1 or 2 hours in F1 tracks... what can i say?! it's the ultimate test. my dream is to do a real 24h challenge,but even then i think i would have no patience whatsoever to complete it.)

3:and speaking of 24h challenge,any way to make it like,in the middle of the race,i have a Day/Night cycle (talking about the headlights... the Sky should be easy enough with the ambience mediatracker). i would want to illuminate the track,but not too much... because for example,the Circuit the La Sarthe (you guys know it better as Le Mans) does not have all the track illuminated all arround,and at night the cars need to use their headlights in some parts of the track (of course,Paddock and other things would be illuminated).

4:any sugestion in Lighting the track?! i kinda have dificulty with it sometimes (the normal blocks are Kinda Huge,and the BAF1 blocks,with i tend to use, are Tiny... so i would like to hear what you guys use to light the tracks without losing it's ballance and making it Painfully heavy or puting that HUGE Square blocks with 300 lights on it... that is kinda a overkill in my opnion).

5:for banking (this is for the carrulsel part),i kinda have dificulty with the normal blocks TM2 have... what you guys do to make it smoother?

6: anyone here know any way to make the Replays look smoother? Like,maybe AIs(if that exists yet...),or any tip to make them look like they are racing and not like they are following one another like a train(if ya understand me)... i tend to record 6 or 7 to make a race... but it not always turns well...

phew... i think that's all... sorry for making such a HUGE post... (y)
Learner Driver

Which environment do you plan to build in ?

Afaik the biggest base is the stadium 64x64 one mostly used in the RPG title. However if you're experienced with objects, then you could perhaps find a 3D model of the circuit, import it and use it in a title pack. Bear in mind that, if you can't use checkpoints as objects, it will be difficult to place checkpoints and make the map cut-proof due to the sheer size. I'm not sure if objects can illuminate either.

2: You could pause the game right before pitting, if it helps. You might need a clip in the pit which doesn't let the fuel run out, though.

3: You need to use Sunset/Night mood in order to make scenery lights light up at all. Headlights can be toggled with MediaTracker.

6: Dunno.. perhaps go slower or wider with some replays, or find other people who want to drive some ghosts.
Last edited by Voyager006,
Moped Racer

Voyager006 says:
Which environment do you plan to build in ?

Afaik the biggest base is the stadium 64x64 one mostly used in the RPG title. However if you're experienced with objects, then you could perhaps find a 3D model of the circuit, import it and use it in a title pack. Bear in mind that, if you can't use checkpoints as objects, it will be difficult to place checkpoints and make the map cut-proof due to the sheer size. I'm not sure if objects can illuminate either.

2: You could pause the game right before pitting, if it helps. You might need a clip in the pit which doesn't let the fuel run out, though.

3: You need to use Sunset/Night mood in order to make scenery lights light up at all. Headlights can be toggled with MediaTracker.

6: Dunno.. perhaps go slower or wider with some replays, or find other people who want to drive some ghosts.

Thanks a Lot man... i was thinking on that idea inside the pits... seems like the only way...

but Making the track in Sunset or Night will be kinda akward for the Day Parts... i'm worried about the visibility when the track is on "Day mode" (well,i could use Rain on this... but i doubt a Endurance race would be held in Torrential rain for more than 1 hour in real life,before a Red Flag... gotta think on it...)

about the ghosts,i found something called ghost editor i believe inside the title tools... but it gives me only the option of using it to register the medal times... maybe i can't use AI,at all so... yeah,drive for 2 hours,10 or 2o times to register the oponents XD

Thanks again for the help =D
Learner Driver
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem