Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC May 2015 - gnivird sdrawkcaB [Res. P.4] 
MTC May 2015 - gnivird sdrawkcaB [Res. P.4]
Page: 3 of 5
Post Reply  0 Observer

Yes you can use a different cam at some parts, if it is difficult to drive. The provided cam should be the "default" cam though, i.e. the one that is used for regular road drivig or at the Start.
I can imagine it doesn't work very well in Loopings :d
gado is a

Do we need the cam if the time is faster if you drive backwards?
Moped Racer

For reasons of fairness, yes!
Everyone should use the same backwards cam, so it the cam is equally good on every map. A different cam is only an option, if it is very hard to drive a path with the provided backwards cam, i.e. in loopings or wallrides ;)
gado is a

Ok, but then i need help, i cant find out how i install the custom cam, is it allowed that somebody is helping me at this point?
Moped Racer

Did you try the steps in the first post of this topic?
And yes of course, others area allowed to help you;)
Last edited by haenry,
gado is a

Yeah i tried - and thx
Moped Racer

Tim2505 says:
Yeah i tried - and thx

What did you try? What's not working? What don't you understand? We can't help you unless you give us more information. :)

haenry says:
Yes you can use a different cam at some parts, if it is difficult to drive. The provided cam should be the "default" cam though, i.e. the one that is used for regular road drivig or at the Start.

The provided backwards cam works just fine in my track for a loop. If you have trouble with the backward cam, then perhaps consider changing the track design to make it work better, rather than giving up and using the default cam, which kind of defeats the point of the restriction. This is supposed to be fun and different and force builders to think "outside the box". :)
Track Slacker

pjw says:
Tim2505 says:
Yeah i tried - and thx

What did you try? What's not working? What don't you understand? We can't help you unless you give us more information. :)

haenry says:

The provided backwards cam works just fine in my track for a loop. If you have trouble with the backward cam, then perhaps consider changing the track design to make it work better, rather than giving up and using the default cam, which kind of defeats the point of the restriction. This is supposed to be fun and different and force builders to think "outside the box". :)

My computer didnt saw the custom cam....
But the problem is solved with the help of archroller....
Nvm ty for your help offer
Moped Racer
Custom Titlepacks  
Sounds like a nice theme, i guess im in this time, when i'll find some free time for mapping. Only one thing:

... says:
Custom Titlepacks are allowed

Sure? So i can build my map in Valley-Extansions-Pack and noone will judge it because noone would download the pack? Or does it mean, that i can use custom items, but have to embed them?
(Incidentally i think using a whole custom titlepack gives an immense advantage, because it offers much more possibilities, than the 350kb embeddable items.)

Best regards, beat
G-kart Racer

Beatinfected says:
Sounds like a nice theme, i guess im in this time, when i'll find some free time for mapping. Only one thing:

... says:
Custom Titlepacks are allowed

Sure? So i can build my map in Valley-Extansions-Pack and noone will judge it because noone would download the pack? Or does it mean, that i can use custom items, but have to embed them?
(Incidentally i think using a whole custom titlepack gives an immense advantage, because it offers much more possibilities, than the 350kb embeddable items.)

Best regards, beat

You can use whole titlepacks like rpg one and valley extensions too...
A tip: if u use a random titlepack you could make a youtube video for the track to make it easier...
Moped Racer
Page: 3 of 5 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem