Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  Renting my own server - Allowed to use maps? 
Renting my own server - Allowed to use maps?
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Renting my own server - Allowed to use maps?  
Hi drivers!!

Im thinking of hiring my own TM2 server, and I have two questions.
Does the server have the plugins for records, dedimia etc?

And am I allowed to use whatever maps/tracks I want on the server?
Last edited by V1ppen,
Learner Driver

Heavily depends on where you hire it, of course.
Those "plugins" like Dedimania are known as server controllers, external applications influencing how your server runs. Many services do not include and allow this at all, those who do typically state it on the website itself.
You can use any map in any case, though.

You can also opt for running the server and such a controller on your own machine or rent a virtual machine (or dedicated server), then you have full control over what you want to run.
Segmentation fault

TGYoshi says:
No inner value.

Thanks for the reply!

Do you have any sugestions on a good site to hire a server from?
I just want to play with some friends and get local records on our own server!

I found this site: https://www.gameservers.com/game_servers/trackmania2.php
Is it something you could recomend?
Last edited by V1ppen,
Learner Driver

I've always used either my own machine or purchased virtual or dedicated servers, no experience with those services myself at all.

That site doesn't list any commonly used controller at all though, so I'm not sure if it supports things like records.
Many sites list support for e.g. "XAseco2", "ManiaControl", "Expansion" etc. (commonly used controllers). If they do, it'll probably work fine. If those aren't listed, it's probably risky.
Segmentation fault

TGYoshi says:
I've always used either my own machine or purchased virtual or dedicated servers, no experience with those services myself at all.

That site doesn't list any commonly used controller at all though, so I'm not sure if it supports things like records.
Many sites list support for e.g. "XAseco2", "ManiaControl", "Expansion" etc. (commonly used controllers). If they do, it'll probably work fine. If those aren't listed, it's probably risky.

Thanks alot TGYoshi for the help!
Learner Driver
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem