Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  A Couple Minor Questions 
A Couple Minor Questions
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
A Couple Minor Questions  
I've just got two, minor questions.

First of all, is there any way to set the editor so that Mix Mapping is on by default? I use ghost blocks pretty regularly and it would be convenient if I didn't have to toggle it on each time I opened up the editor.

This second question is a bit harder to explain. You know how, after finishing a run, there's a three second time period where your car just flies off with whatever momentum it had? Somehow, it got disabled for singleplayer and I don't know how to get it back. It's nothing game breaking, but I've always enjoyed the satisfaction of watching my car fly off into the sunset after a particularly good run.
MTC Host
MTC Host

Arkive says:
First of all, is there any way to set the editor so that Mix Mapping is on by default? I use ghost blocks pretty regularly and it would be convenient if I didn't have to toggle it on each time I opened up the editor.

IMO the reason why we can't set it on by default is because it's an experimental feature. Yea, sounds pretty ridiculous for an almost 2-year old feature...

Anyway, if anyone get a solution, it would be really appreciated :cool:

Arkive says:
This second question is a bit harder to explain. You know how, after finishing a run, there's a three second time period where your car just flies off with whatever momentum it had? Somehow, it got disabled for singleplayer and I don't know how to get it back. It's nothing game breaking, but I've always enjoyed the satisfaction of watching my car fly off into the sunset after a particularly good run.

Yea I also got this bug on some of my tracks. I can't really explain why, since it seems to appear randomly. Another (and worse) bug I got is that the outro doesn't start at all :o

I found a way to get rid of these bugs. It's a quite tedious solution, but it's the only one I found so far:
  • save the entire track as a Macroblock, and all the MediaTracker sequences as clips (if you had a MT)
  • open a new track file
  • reimport the Macroblock you saved earlier and the MT clips (custom camera effects might be broken though)
Hope this helps ;)
G-kart Racer

400r_ says:
custom camera effects might be broken though

Which is another bug in the system :p When you export and import cams, you can workaround that issue by temporarily setting any ghost as anchor.
Moped Racer

Put this script file in {mpuserdata}\Scripts\EditorPlugins\Trackmania\, then reboot the game, then enable the plugin. It'll auto-enable blockmixing every time you boot the editor. Create the folders that don't exist.

https://images.mania-exchange.com/mpscripts/AutoEnableMix.Script.txt

({mpuserdata} is by default My Documents\ManiaPlanet)
Segmentation fault

Works like a charm. Thanks, TGYoshi!
MTC Host
MTC Host
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem