Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  Ghost name & avatar in replays used for the intro -.-' 
Ghost name & avatar in replays used for the intro -.-'
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Ghost name & avatar in replays used for the intro -.-'  
So I created an intro with ghosts in it. It took me a whole night and it turned out quite nice, no issues ;p
BUT! just tested the whole track online with a buddy, turns out that if you got "show player names" activated, you'll see the avatar and the player's name above the ghost car...great. Okay, back into the Editor, deleted the "Ghost name:" parameter, name's gone now of course, but the avatar still shows....holy shit, srsly. it's the intro, player names aren't supposed to show...not only because they aren't players, but ghosts - it's the intro -.-'
I can't even recreate the ghosts without an avatar set, because you can't disable your avatar, you'll at least have to take a flag. So that can't be the solution. Completely transparent avatar maybe? Ya right, then i'll still have the grey box over the car, displaying nothing....
Workaround? Bug? Feature? HELP!
tracks for nolifers!

the avatar can be remove in the game setting

start game
advanced
multiplayer

then untick the box for the avatar "this also works for media work" and single player ;)
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER

yes! no! people who have that activated will still see the avatar when playing online and i doubt there are many that don't use them. the point is to deactivate those ava/name tags for ghosts in general. so doing this for me, locally, doesn't really help. thanks anyway :s
tracks for nolifers!

i found a workaround:
use a different avatar for creating ghosts then you use for online play. people who have never played you before, won't have your avatar anyway, since it's cached and transferred p2p and people you will play online won't see the avatar used for the ghosts, since you've deleted it after editing. tadaaa^^
tracks for nolifers!
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem