Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  Problem: Automatic reset upon finishing the track 
Problem: Automatic reset upon finishing the track
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Problem: Automatic reset upon finishing the track  
Hi there,

I have a weird problem/bug that happens on some of the tracks I make; When the car reaches the finish-line it immediately resets to the start, skipping the few seconds that usually follows before the replay starts/menu loads. The problem first occur start in the map editor when evaluating the track and if it happens there then everyone who tries it get the same issue - on servers or offline. If I decide to save a replay, it is all fine but freezes at the finish-line. If you during the race make at least one "reset to last checkpoint" it doesn't happen when you reach the finish :|

I have tried all kinds of things with the mediatracker (intro/in game/end game...) and nothing helps. The weirdest thing is that some tracks don't get this bug, and I really don't know why.

This is driving me nuts!! I would be very happy if someone could help me :(

Here is one track (with no edit-password) that has the bug: Mania Exchange/Reset bug
Last edited by Elumes,
Learner Driver

lol wat also happens for me

e/: on that map
Last edited by ben3847,
Old Age Caravanner

ben3847 says:
lol wat also happens for me

But never on maps you have made?

Another thing is that it works as normal if you, during the race, make a "reset to last checkpoint" :s
Learner Driver

never happend on any map ever
Old Age Caravanner

Well I'm very late to the party here but here goes:
This is probably caused by a trigger on the start block that activates MT, like GPS. If it is set to "in clip only" then it somehow has very high priority and causes the described behavior once the replay is started. It is super weird and unintuitive but it happened to me in a good number of my early tracks as well.

The solution: if you put a second in-game MT clip that activates on any other block the car passes through and has no effect at all, then it somehow cancels the GPS one more effectively then just the "in clip only" setting, and the few seconds after the finish are once again visible. This fix works for me whether the original trigger is "in clip only" or any other setting.

In general, MT is buggy and not too well documented..
Old Age Caravanner

Thank you so much bwbigmac! That worked (y)
Learner Driver
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem