Classic Maps on MX
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Classic Maps on MX  
I have some questions regarding the classic maps:
:build: What are the conditions for a map to be classic?
:build: Who decides what map is classic and what map isn't?
:build: How often are updates of the classic "mappack"?

not sure if this is the right thread for this question
Beetle Racer

I think the 'Classic' status is automatically obtained when a track reach 1000 in Track Value. Not sure though ;)
G-kart Racer

There were talks about that, but I'm not entirely sure it was implemented. Ask Yoshi on that one.

What I can tell is that Classic tracks are those tracks that became iconic and gained a lot of traction, generating fierce competition over the course of the years that eventually kinda dies down (maybe because the track is pretty optimized, maybe because the track is pretty old), a point in which someone (I'm pretty sure is we the mods, but I haven't ever given classic status to any track) decides that the track is indeed a Classic. For two reasons, actually: Reignite competition (there's a bunch of classic hunters in the exchange) and give the track a particular recognition.
The Green Dude

well idk why but most classic maps are canyon. there are 4 Stadium and only 2 valley classic maps :o :build:
Beetle Racer

That's more or less the distribution of highly competed tracks to be honest. Check tracks listed by "highest value" and see for yourself.
The Green Dude
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem