Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  Help with rendering settings for TrackMania Videos ? (Sony V... 
Help with rendering settings for TrackMania Videos ? (Sony Vegas)
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Help with rendering settings for TrackMania Videos ? (Sony Vegas)  
Hello.

I have severals questions about settings used to render a video on Youtube. :$
It's not about ingame settings, as their is many well made tutorials, but mostly about the final rendering.

When uploaded on Youtube, the video suffer a hudge quality drop. I'm looking to reduce that loss of quality.

Here is the the settings that I've been trying lately.
And here is the result they give.

As you can see, it's still blurred a bit, but more importantly, it's laggy.
Theses lags become more importants after the video is fully uploaded on youtube.
It also pretty bad when it's a video of Valley, as their is a lot of details (the grass especially).

If anyone have an idea, an advice or some knowledge to share, you're more than welcome, as I have no idea how to improve these settings. :s

Some details :
- Switches are disable.
- I'm using H264 as codec for Sony Vegas 13.
- I render in .avi file. I cannot force Sony Vegas to use H264 as a codec on an .mp4 file.
- These settings reach a ridiculously high Kbits/s ratio ( around 3 000 000 kb/s...)
- Their is some black screen in the video ... it's because I'm an idiot, I haven't check it out before the render, and they were some gaps between some parts. My bad.

Thanks ! ;)
Last edited by StereoGang,
Old Age Caravanner

Bitrate is too low. As Youtube will reencode your video anyways, it is recommended to use a bitrate as big as about 32-38.000 kb/s (or 38.000.000 b/s in mainconcept mp4)

You could try that very bitrate with the Google VP8 WEBM codec (avi)

*just saw the high bitrate, overlooked it. How big is the size?
Last edited by Ozon,
site development, media
Developer

For the exemple here, it was 100 Mo for 50 seconds of video.
Last edited by StereoGang,
Old Age Caravanner
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem