Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  it's offtopic for a reason... 
it's offtopic for a reason...
Page: 3 of 4
Post Reply  0 Observer

Bucky says:
See, that's just as much of a novelty as sitting at your desk, and doing 1 + 1 equals equals equals ... just to see how high you can get. There's no point it. If you list a good reason why topics like that should stick around here, they might come back, should your argument be good enough to sway MrA. Until then this forum will stay as is. Besides, you have a bunch of other games you can play here, and they even require as much as half a brain ;)

I agree with "count to x" games or in fact any counting games although other types of games such as "rate the x above" and so on are not merely pointless ways of post gaining. They build the community, by not only strengthening existing members but allowing new people to get involved and feel a part of the community. If these games are done properly, then they aren't merely pointless.
G-kart Racer

Yes Bucky, that's why I started it :d
Beetle Racer

Rate the music above exists and has not been closed because it's a topic that promotes thought and discussion.

I think you guys are misunderstanding just about everything I'm trying to say here. I like forum games. I don't like pointless threads. The games that are active and healthy are open for a reason. The ones that are closed, were closed for a reason. There is no intention of gradually shutting down all games until nothing remains. Please understand this. The rule that says that topics should should not exist solely for the sake of posting will be upheld. I think you guys are under the impression that I am against all forum games and plan to close them. I assure you, it's quite the opposite. I think you'll find agreement in more places than you think ...
Sports Saloon Racer

Bucky says:
Rate the music above exists and has not been closed because it's a topic that promotes thought and discussion.

I think you guys are misunderstanding just about everything I'm trying to say here. I like forum games. I don't like pointless threads. The games that are active and healthy are open for a reason. The ones that are closed, were closed for a reason. There is no intention of gradually shutting down all games until nothing remains. Please understand this. The rule that says that topics should should not exist solely for the sake of posting will be upheld. I think you guys are under the impression that I am against all forum games and plan to close them. I assure you, it's quite the opposite. I think you'll find agreement in more places than you think ...

I already know you're only against the games that have no thought to them, but that's the problem. Thoughtful and creative to one person is a spammy piece of trash to another. I could make a game about how you would take the lead in a no-rules death race, and a lot of people might actually enjoy it. But it only takes one moderator who thinks that the topic is worthless to lock it. I said this all the time on Necrontyr Online, but this is only the second time I've said this outside a position of power on a forum: Moderator Powers are serious business, and are surprisingly easy to abuse. They should only be used as a last resort.

To give an example, on Necrontyr Online we had a topic that started to become an argument. While most forums would lock a thread that even showed a small bit of tension (some would even ban people for it), I, with the consent of my fellow admins and the global mods, proceeded to arbitrate the problem. That was one thread saved from being locked.
Rise from the ashes!

How you would take the lead in a no rules death race, is sure to go the way of king of the hill. It'll be fun for the first few pages, start to slow down, and then you get to a point where maybe 1 post a page is imaginative.

Understand that we saw the counting topic, and decided that something should be done to keep this forum from turning into a spamfest. I don't think there's an abuse of power here. If there was such, then this topic would surely have been locked and deleted a while ago.
Sports Saloon Racer

Tell you what, get 10 people post here to giving +1 for re-opening King Of The Hill and we can do it then
Surely Retired

+1 to re-open King of the hill thread (y)
Beetle Racer

+1 for the re-opening of the KOTH thread
G-kart Racer

+1 to reopening KOTH thread!
Quad Bike Racer

what is king of the hill?
G-kart Racer
Page: 3 of 4 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem