Computing Shadows
Page: 2 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer

nice discussion, but lets try to compare our systems ;)
we just need to decide wich maps we are renderin and how, then we post the times :done:

however, the long rendering time is boring and I give much hope toget OpenCL integrated.

chears
G-kart Racer

It takes to my 4 minutes in high quality, for a very long track. And the same time for a short track :s
Learner Driver

diegodan1893 says:
It takes to my 4 minutes in high quality, for a very long track. And the same time for a short track :s

It doesn't depend on track length, but on things such as scenery, terrain complexity, etc.
G-kart Racer

4 minutes? show me that map pls!
can u pls check if your graphics card is used and how much % on rendering shadows. thx

check this coplexity of this map http://tm.mania-exchange.com/tracks/view/2001/pyramid-of-ankh
I have a Q9550s not OC 4x2,933GHZ and it took over 40 minutes to render it in high quality!!
my gpu is not used at this time = there is no openCL!
G-kart Racer

It takes about 4 mins here to render high quality shadows on an 8000 to 9000 planet track which seems to be what my tracks come out at.

I've noticed that Sunset mode takes a min or two longer than sunrise and day and adding canyons makes it take a bit longer than if you just have flat and raised ground.

Very Fast rendering seems to be instant and Fast which I use while building map takes about 10-15 secs.

Running game in Very Nice, High Definition and I think it actually runs better than TMU to be honest!

Using Radeon 5800 series card and the new i5 processor with 8gb Ram, so decent modern system but by no means a ultra powerhouse of a machine, built on tight budget!
G-kart Racer

I dont belive this, pls record ur screen while rendering shadows and add some monitoring tools.
(CPU,GPU)
upload on youtube.
this would be very nice, ty
G-kart Racer

voodoo says:
It takes about 4 mins here to render high quality shadows on an 8000 to 9000 planet track which seems to be what my tracks come out at.

I've noticed that Sunset mode takes a min or two longer than sunrise and day and adding canyons makes it take a bit longer than if you just have flat and raised ground.

Very Fast rendering seems to be instant and Fast which I use while building map takes about 10-15 secs.

Running game in Very Nice, High Definition and I think it actually runs better than TMU to be honest!

Using Radeon 5800 series card and the new i5 processor with 8gb Ram, so decent modern system but by no means a ultra powerhouse of a machine, built on tight budget!

I have a similar system (but with a Hyperthreading i7 - eight logical cores FTW!) and for me the game runs at about 30 FpS, although it usually only takes about two minutes on average to compute shadows.
Rise from the ashes!

and the track it was making shadows on:

and driving framerate of 86:

Last edited by voodoo,
G-kart Racer

ok, I´ll call back my distrust, I just didn´t realised it.
since beta4 it works faster, but I didn´t realized it directly ;)

however, on my Payramid of Ankh map it needs a bit longer
Last edited by TROLLZOR,
G-kart Racer

well I downloaded pyramid of ankh but its password protected so I can't try. :(
G-kart Racer
Page: 2 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem