Quotes.
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Quotes.  
Hey guys :)

There have been various topics spreaded across both TMUFX and TMNFX with the purpose of sharing great quotes. These threads however, were specifically opened for quotes from different sections, like movie quotes or lyrics to songs.

This thread is here to gather all sorts of great quotes from any type of media or source you got it from. If your love for a certain quote or remark has a history or background story, please do share it :-)

- Please mention who you are quoting or where you got the quote from;
- Discussion or recognition of quotes is allowed, but don't bash its source. This could lead to discussions on non-related subjects like science, religion etc.

---------------------------------------------

Let me start off with a quote by Stephen Hawking. No particular reason for it, but I think it sounds truly great.

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, look before they cross the road."
Quad Bike Racer

well, that's because it's predestined that they will look, right, right>
Quad Bike Racer

"OK, so here were my options - A.) Quickly duck sideways, dodge the claw, then take him out with a spinning back kick, or B.) Take the claw in the face, then roll on the ground and die. (proceeds to take claw to the face) Hmm, should've gone with A."
-Kung Pow!

The follow are from Douglas Adams, one of the most brilliant science fiction writers ever.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

"The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate."

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Sports Saloon Racer

^^^ this.

One of my favourite quotes comes from Bill Hicks:

... says:
The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride." And we … kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok … But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.

a bit long, i notice, but who cares :-P
Quad Bike Racer
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem