Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC July 2017: 15 Seconds (results on page 6) 
MTC July 2017: 15 Seconds (results on page 6)
Page: 2 of 7
Post Reply  0 Observer

AR »rexine says:
Is it okay to make the default line longer than 15 seconds as long as it's still possible to finish under 15?
In other words put a cut in.

If the 'cut' path is clear enough to be found fairly quickly, so that it's more of an alternate route, then yeah.
Quad Bike Racer

Adding a question here from Snake from Discord:

Snake55wildcat says:
just out of curiosuty, but can a track have multiple 15 second routes to different finishes and still be eligible as a single map?

Alex says:
yep, as long as one route is under 15.99 seconds and is clear enough, there can be other routes that do not have to follow the rule
Quad Bike Racer

Since a few people have asked about it, to also explain here just in case, when I commented that your track has cleared the main rules of the MTC, it just means that your track meets the main requirements - author time and standard player time is under 15.99 seconds, no major cuts, correct titlepack, etc :done:
Quad Bike Racer

It makes a long time since my last visit on this forum...

This MTC is a great way to return on mapping ! I'll try to make something great.
GL everyone ;) !
G-kart Racer
Judging maps  
How can I be judge for MTC ? :build:
Learner Driver

After the map submission deadline closes, a public poll will be opened that you can vote in (there will be a post here, look for that). Just drive all the maps, give them your scores (and comments too, preferably), and add a post here that states that you voted.
MTC Host
MTC Host

MTC track submissions end this Sunday!

Arkive says:
After the map submission deadline closes, a public poll will be opened that you can vote in (there will be a post here, look for that). Just drive all the maps, give them your scores (and comments too, preferably), and add a post here that states that you voted.

Indeed, thanks Arkive. :done:
This coming Monday, we will have the full score sheet open, but since we have a high number of submissions (already 30 so far!), it is fine to start noting your scoring and feedback now before the voting sheet opens on Monday, so not everything has to be done at once if time turns to be an issue.

A review of the public scoring:
- Everyone is allowed to judge, even players who submitted/did not submit a map, but the vote for your own map will not count (give you own map a 10).
- Every map will be judged with marks from 0 (bad) to 10 (gud). All votes 7+ or 4- and lower require constructive feedback on why you gave it that score.
- Note that you have to judge a stage entirely. You cannot judge only half of it. If you are not able to finish the map, your vote can still count, but please only leave that as a very last resort, and still judge the entire map fairly.
- The internal judging will follow points based on the categories of Theme [20p], Creativity [10p], Funfactor [10p], Detailwork/Scenery/MT [10p]
- The final scores will be based on the combined average internal and average public scores.
Last edited by Linkin|Alex,
Quad Bike Racer

Could we play the maps if you don't have the environment ?
Because I don't have Valley and Lagoon so I don't know how I'll judge the maps made on.
G-kart Racer

Wisstem says:
Could we play the maps if you don't have the environment ?
Because I don't have Valley and Lagoon so I don't know how I'll judge the maps made on.

Unfortunately I don't know of any way to play maps in an environment not owned. For now I don't know of a fair way for someone to judge all the tracks without having all the environments.
Last edited by Linkin|Alex,
Quad Bike Racer

Ok. Thank you for your answer ;) !
So I think I'll not vote to avoid unfair decision.
G-kart Racer
Page: 2 of 7 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem