Location: Home  Community Forums  Your Maps  Expack2's tracks 
Expack2's tracks
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Expack2's tracks  
So as not to necro a literally 6-year-old thread, here's my latest tracks - this time, all of them, not just my self-faves.
Old Age Caravanner
Diamond Loop  

My first track after six years of inactivity (!), Diamond Loop is what I made after seeing Canyon now has a checkpoint for its wallriding track piece set. It ended up being an upgrade of "UberLoop", seeing as I could never build that one the way I envisioned it.

Like the description says, there are two routes: the main, high-speed track (which requires precision with only a keyboard) with a red booster for ever-increasing speeds, and a lower, recovery track which mirrors the main track, but with an extra yellow booster at its entrance so players can catch up faster.
Last edited by Expack2,
Old Age Caravanner
Pipeline Run  

Pipeline run is my first true track with the TMPlus Canyon titlepack, and my first usage of a MP4 titlepack ever. I can see why it's an allowed titlepack for (as of this writing) the current MTC competition: it may not add much, but what it adds is so versatile, the author isn't kidding when he describes his pack as "Canyon, but better".

I fiddled around with having a kind of rally-like experience - though I couldn't go full-on since my tight real-life budget prevented me from ever buying any other official titlepack than Canyon. So that's how it starts off: a mini-rally experience through a mill (or as close an approximation as I can get with the TMPlus titlepack). Some pipes provide mounting for the lighting, as well as pathing for the player to follow.

The next part was an experiment with the wooden stilt platform items. Seeing as they'd make a nice way to traverse the small hill terrain with some foliage added on, I fiddled around with those items, until I realized a ramp through the treeline was more feasible than as a tricky navigation piece - in my fiddling, the latter slows things down greatly.

I used the new concrete half-pipe items, which to me resemble a pipeline, and combined them with the regular concrete blocks to create something I really liked. (For some strange reason, the half-pipe items' style really reminded me of the game "Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4".)

Finally, I used the new concrete liners to define a raceline through the twisting maze of concrete blocks and items created by my half-pipe section. The pieces work great and greatly simplified the task of creating a raceline - instead of bulky, ill-fitting half-slabs of concrete, I have a slim, clearly-defined metal pieces which match the Canyon style and come in various forms fitting all the standard concrete sections.
Old Age Caravanner
Mobium 2  

The original [Bad Track/Map Link], intended for the October 2017 MTC, was based off of beta parts for the TMPlus_Canyon titlepack. When they were formally added, the map broke - right in the middle of the competition! But then I saw many more track pieces had been added, some of which resolved issues I had with the beta pieces. Thus, after about 3 hours of tinkering, I came up with this 'replacement'.

As the judges for the MTC told me, it was basically a new track compared to the original and would not be considered a true replacement; nonetheless, they encouraged me to release it standalone (without the MTC tag, of course). So here I am.... :p
Last edited by Expack2,
Old Age Caravanner

This one is my attempt to incorporate feedback from the November MTC, adding a variety of blocks so it isn't the same old thing over and over again.
Old Age Caravanner
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem