Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC May 2018: thREeUSE! (Results on Page 2) 
MTC May 2018: thREeUSE! (Results on Page 2)
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
MTC May 2018: thREeUSE! (Results on Page 2)  

Welcome to the ManiaExchange Monthly Track Contest (MTC), May 2018 hosted by Racho!

In the MTC your task is to build a track on a given theme. Later on, all of the entered tracks will be rated and a winner will be found.

Theme of the Month: thREeUSE!
    The track has to include at least one block that is driven at least thrice.

• At least one block (1x1x1 grid) of the track has to be driven at least 3 times per run.
    • Laps do NOT count as re-use. (i.e. making a 20s long lap and setting 3 laps does not count)
    • The author time must be between 30 seconds and 1 minute 30 seconds.
    • You may submit MAX ONE TRACK.

Deadlines
    • All tracks should be submitted before the end of Sunday 27th, May 2018 PDT
    • Public voting will go from May 28th to June 10th
    • Results will be published around June 11th

Prizes
    :gold: Honour and the right to brag! (Jozii used to say that. I hope some still remember him? :p)
    :gold: The top 3 winners will receive a showcase of a track of their choice (< 10 awards)

General Rules
    • MTC should be present in the map name. Example: [MTC] Runaway.; or Hattrick (mtc); or MTC - Hell Pole (make sure that any special characters do not break in the TM or MX track name)
    • Maximum 1 map per author.
    • Duo tracks are allowed, but each map counts as one track for each author involved.
    • The track should be built in the most recent version of the game available.

• All environments are allowed
    • Custom objects/items are allowed
    • Blockmixing is allowed
    • Stadium64 map base is allowed
    • Custom titlepack allowed this month: Standard Canyon, Lagoon, Stadium, and Valley editors, ESL Competition Titlepack, MultiEnvironment TPs by Nadeo/Dommy/MrSloppi.
    • Envimixing is allowed this month
    • Press Forward, Left, Right, or similar tracks are not allowed

How to Submit
    • To enter a track, simply upload and post a link to your submission here:
      MTC May 2018: Submission Thread
    • You can update your map within the deadline as many times as you want. Though be mindful of replays submitted to your map!
    • You are NOT allowed to update your track after the submisison thread has been closed until the results are released.

Judging: Public and internal
    We will use a 50/50 mixture of the public voting system and the internal judging
    • Everyone is allowed to judge, even players who submitted a map, but the vote for your own map will not count (give your own map a 10).
    • Every map will be judged with marks from 1 (bad) to 10 (good).
    • The internal judging will note some detailed feedback with points based on categories (Theme [20p], Creativity [10p], Funfactor [10p], Detailwork/Scenery/MT [10p]).

Good luck, and if you have any questions, please ask!
Last edited by Racho,
Moped Racer

Examples
Allowed

Allowed since all 3 routes cross at approx the same point on the block.

Not Allowed

NOT allowed since the blue (left) and orange (right) path never intersect or come close to each other on the same grid.

The car has to pass through the same 1x1x1 grid (yellow box in screen below) 3 times. As long as the intended (and fastest) path cross that box 3 times, you are fine.

In this example, driving two times over the blue floor and once on top of the white hall thingy does NOT count as a 3-use.

Flying through does not count as driving on the block.
Last edited by Racho,
Moped Racer

Stupid question. Does it count as a reuse if, during one of the runs, the car is not touching the ground, but slightly above it (in the same vertical block in a way)?
G-kart Racer

Not a stupid question at all. In fact something I haven't thought about, but have been asked many times since I posted the theme

Clarification
The car has to pass through the same 1x1x1 grid (yellow box in screen below) 3 times. As long as the intended (and fastest) path cross that box 3 times, you are fine.

In this example, driving two times over the blue floor and once on top of the white hall thingy does NOT count as a 3-use.

Flying through does not count as driving on the block.
Last edited by Racho,
Moped Racer

That makes sense, that's what I imagined too, but I wanted to have confirmation. Thanks (y)
G-kart Racer

"flying through does not count as driving" i have question to this: if it is build in a way that you have to fly through and it has a rather high difficulty to not hit anything, can that count? e.g. tiny gap?
also: is waterbounce an option?
Learner Driver

Nope, you have to drive on the block. Flying and bouncing does not count as driving.
Moped Racer

Another stupid question, about the author time. Would a map with AT of 1'30.9xx be valid?
G-kart Racer

I wouldn't disqualify a track that close to the time limit, but the rule is states between 30s and 1min 30s, meaning 1min 29.999s max.
Moped Racer

All right, I'll try to see where I can shave off that last second.
G-kart Racer
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem