Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  International Talk Like A Pirate Day 
International Talk Like A Pirate Day
Page: 2 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer

If you guys actually want to talk like a pirate, it might be worth learning Somali, or even Arabic
;)
Forza4

:cool: :) :) :) :) :) :)
G-kart Racer

-32- says:
If you guys actually want to talk like a pirate, it might be worth learning Somali, or even Arabic
;)

Those aren't the pirates we're referring to. The pirates in question are the ones from the 18th and 19th centuries, the ones who had a code of honor and would rather people not be harmed if possible.

coffin says:
:cool: :) :) :) :) :) :)

Btw by Flying Dutchman I meant an abandoned ship. The Page 2 of 1 glitch appeared.
Last edited by Phoenyx Imperius,
Rise from the ashes!

Lack of humor 3.12 ?
Last edited by SabineGoth,
G-kart Racer

Windows_3.1 says:
coffin says:
A small lesson in pirate talk

=))

2. The stereotypical pirate accent is actually a Scottish accent. Not all pirates were Scottish.

I completely disagree. Cornish be a pirates dialect, argh. In fact, I be cornish ;)
Last edited by Osl112,
G-kart Racer

Windows 3.1 says:
-32- says:
;)

Those aren't the pirates we're referring to. The pirates in question are the ones from the 18th and 19th centuries, the ones who had a code of honor and would rather people not be harmed if possible.

Most hostages taken by modern day pirates are actually treated quite well. I don't think that's the case with 18th century pirates =p
· · · – – – · · ·

Windows3.1 says:

Wow you're taking a what should be a fun day, rather serioulsy. :o

No offense, but pirates have never had a code of honour. They operate way below what can/could even be considered close to honour
Last edited by -32-,
Forza4

-32- says:
Windows3.1 says:

Wow you're taking a what should be a fun day, rather serioulsy. :o

No offense, but pirates have never had a code of honour. They operate way below what can/could even be considered close to honour

It's an obscure fact that I dug up a while ago. I admit I get touchy about this stuff because the public idea of a pirate and the true pirates of the 19th century don't really match up at all.
Rise from the ashes!

[quote=Windows_3.1It's an obscure fact that I dug up a while ago. I admit I get touchy about this stuff because the public idea of a pirate and the true pirates of the 19th century don't really match up at all.[/quote]

That is something that I can relate to. I can't tell you how much it upsets me that the media so often twists our perception of such things. Trust me when I say that pirates are the tip of the iceberg for this kind of thing.
Sports Saloon Racer

Bucky says:
I can't tell you how much it upsets me that the media so often twists our perception of such things.

But, but, but, their job is to inform you, right?
They are solely dedicated to giving you truth*!

(enjoy deleteing this
because you needed something to do)

manipulate
*propaganda in favor of various sponsers
(corporations + political parties)

Quad Bike Racer
Page: 2 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem