Map Editor Question
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Map Editor Question  
Hello
How can I add a checkpoint onto a stone driving surface without having to use the intemidiate help piece that leaves a sort of road piece embedded in the stone ? I have seen maps whered the checkpoint seems to just sit cleanly on the stone without having the high sides of the help piece.
Old Age Caravanner

If there's no vanilla block which does what you want, then you may want to look into using items. ManiaPark has a lot of embeddable items you can use, and I'm certain at least one of them will work where you want it to.

http://www.maniapark.com/liste_object.php?game=1
MTC Host
MTC Host

Arkive says:
If there's no vanilla block which does what you want, then you may want to look into using items. ManiaPark has a lot of embeddable items you can use, and I'm certain at least one of them will work where you want it to.

http://www.maniapark.com/liste_object.php?game=1

Thank you very much for that, I was not sure if I had to use a mod or not.

Have a real nice sunday. :) :)
Old Age Caravanner

I have not found a vanilla block yet on that website, I got a bit sidetracked by a very nice stadium coloured lighting mod that I downloaded, I love colored lighting. I have been brightening my maps up with some color and the results look fantastic. I brightened this race up with the lights today. I would have liked the vanilla block for this race I wanted a checkpoint inside the planetarium on the stone. Well it is on the road now anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJsLLyPTRk4&feature=youtu.be

You can download the stadium light mod here if you like it. I am right happy with it. :)
[ http://www.maniapark.com [Stadium Lights 3D Object created by xrayjay]

Still not sure awhere to find this ""Vanilla Block" though ?
Last edited by Zat The Alien,
Old Age Caravanner

Sorry, I didn't mean to say that you should look for a "vanilla block" item. Usually when people use the term "vanilla" when talking about games, they're talking about an unmodified version of the game. In this case, "vanilla block" does not mean a particular block or item; rather, it stands for any of the normal blocks you'd find when using the editor. Items aren't part of the vanilla game, so they can be used in places where the normal selection of blocks aren't enough.

In your case, you might be interested in CP items such as these pole items or these arch items.
MTC Host
MTC Host

:) :) I was looking for the name vanilla block.. :) :) Sorry I got the wrong end of the stick. So kind of you to answer so quickly thank you. : :award:

quote=Arkive]Sorry, I didn't mean to say that you should look for a "vanilla block" item. Usually when people use the term "vanilla" when talking about games, they're talking about an unmodified version of the game. In this case, "vanilla block" does not mean a particular block or item; rather, it stands for any of the normal blocks you'd find when using the editor. Items aren't part of the vanilla game, so they can be used in places where the normal selection of blocks aren't enough.

In your case, you might be interested in CP items such as these pole items or these arch items.[/quote]
Old Age Caravanner

Just to let you know I have the mod working, it took me a few attemps though. Four extra icons appeared in my Items menu, when I clicked on them at first only a see through orange block appeared but I could do nothing with it. I deleted the rest of the files in the Packs folder but nothing changed when I restarted Mainiaplanet, still the same problem only the see through orange block appeared when I clicked on a new icon.. I then put the deleted files back and restaarted. After that when I clickk on the new icon a message appeared, ""Contacct with stadium pack established" and now it works, I can place checkpoints.They are different from the normal game checkpoints, two poles that you drive through.

Thank you for the help I appreciate it . :award: :award: :award:

Last edited by Zat The Alien,
Old Age Caravanner
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem