Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  Item editor question. 
Item editor question.
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Item editor question.  
Recently tried making a custom tree in Canyon and did actually succeed in copying and pasting a piece of the large tree decoration piece. however, it did not copy any of the leaves and the leaf texture vanished as soon as i opened the tree block in the editor, why is that? ive been looking for a nice low poly tree and did not find one laying around so i figured id make one myself (the editor is very weird).
did find out about putting transparent branches and leaf textures on polygons, so i tried that and what do you know?, the game crashed xD.(also i hate how windows fades away the process manager when i try to click it to shut the game down lol...).
Last edited by Bordoc,
Learner Driver

This most likely happens due to a difference between the tree itself and how its leaves work. The tree has geometry, and each physical piece of it has a texture. This geometric portion of the tree is what the mesh modeler takes. However, the tree also has a sprite component to it. You will notice that all the missing leaves are simple 2-D images that don't change their angle relative to the camera; that is, no matter what way you're facing, the images of the leaves look the same, with only their spacial position changing (if that all's confusing, just look closely at the leaves in-game and move your camera around. You'll see what I mean pretty quickly). My assumption is that the mesh modeler doesn't deal with sprites like these, so it just doesn't add them to the item.

I'm not certain about the crashes, though. That could be the mesh modeler attempting to do something it can't, or it could just be the mesh modeler being the mesh modeler and crashing for no discernible reason.
MTC Host
MTC Host

i did manage to snag one of the UV textures and make a custom tree but i need to make sure the tree looks legit from all angles. i do know a way i could fix that though.
my current tree is 5 coppers but hopefully i can get it down to about 3 which would be great.
Learner Driver

also, is there any way to get a hold of either water or checkpoints?
Learner Driver

You can't do custom checkpoints, finishes or starts with the MeshModeller and Nadeo disabled any easy way to use water due to bugs.
Buffer Overflow

hmm, thats a bummer. Gonna have to make do with supergluing rocks together lol.
Learner Driver

Any idea on how to end a spline selection. i try to click the corners of a cube but it continues on like it Thinks im not done so im wondering what button to press to conclude it. ive been willing to make my own ramps etc.
Learner Driver
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem