Location: Home  Community Forums  Your Maps  Older maps uploaded 
Older maps uploaded
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Older maps uploaded  
Hey Trackmaniacs!
I've made hundreds of tracks over the years since the original Trackmania (maybe over a thousand) but had never really uploaded any (thinking people wouldn't really like my build style). Most of what I had seen and played were single lap races under a minute long with no replay media and most of what I'd made were 3 to 5 minute multilap tracks and all of them have end of race replay media tracks. (I had even heard that people don't like end of race replays).
During a beta test a while back I uploaded a few test maps and found that some people did like my map styles, so about a year ago I made a decision to upload all my Trackmania² maps at a rate of about one a day (so as to not overload things). During this time I also uploaded my new maps, so it has been a mix of different things over the last year or so but today I finally finished all my older maps and everything from now forward should be new.
There are a few older ones I skipped because they just didn't seem all that fun to me but most are here now.

I think people will find a wide variety of styles in these because I don't really stick to a specific style other than the 3 to 5 minute / three lap race (in general). I really like to try to think up concepts and do things I haven't done yet when creating new maps and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I also don't have a lot of influence from other people's work because I don't really play a lot of them and rarely play online. You won't find "GPS" on my maps because most have a pretty obvious routes and linear flows, or signs marking the path.

Some might wonder why they have a number and letter code in the names. This was basically just my personal organization system. They were lettered by Vehicle and Environment and numbered in order of creation.
For example: SL01 F1-Kit-v2 was my first Stadium Car in Lagoon Environment map. (It was also my test map while making my F1-Kit for Lagoon).

My Map Numbering System:
  • 1st Letter = Car : 2nd Letter (on mixed) = Env.
  • Canyon and Valley maps numbered under 400 are pre MP4
  • Stadium maps under 200 are reworked imports from TMUF
    Most of the older maps had to be re-validated and were done with just one validation run so they should be easy to hit the author times on and in fact might seem too easy.
    If you sort my maps by name they will be ordered by Environment and Creation date.

Also, a little hidden secret for those reading this:
    If a map of mine has an item on it called "Smiley" or "ZirconTower", there is an object hidden somewhere on the map to hunt for (bigger than the car). Touching the item will yield a message. These are only on my newer maps. ( V409 ValleyOfTheDamed has 10 of them! )

Well, I hope people will enjoy some of these. It has been interesting hearing some of the feedback received already. Have fun! & I look forward to interacting more here in the future.
    :)
    Last edited by Demented,
  • Learner Driver
    Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
    © ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem