Auto start track
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
Auto start track  
Hey,

Isn't it possible to open the tracks so tm2 opens automatically in play mode on that track? Annoying if you have to save the tracks and then browse to directory from inside the game and press play, takes so much unnecessary time... :'(
Last edited by ichirou,
Learner Driver

posted about the crashing bug on maniaplanet: http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=259&t=5504
Zimmer Racer

Electron said he found a way to open *.gbx files with Maniaplanet by right-clicking on them and choose "Open with Maniaplanet". Post at the Maniaplanet Forum.

I don´t know if his method is working as I´m not experienced with editing the registry and I don´t know if this method is very comfortable either.

I cannot understand that Nadeo has changed the way the *.gbx files are connected to the game. It worked so well with TMUF, just doubleklick on the file and the game would open it.....
Last edited by maphios,
Learner Driver

maphios says:
Electron said he found a way to open *.gbx files with Maniaplanet by right-clicking on them and choose "Open with Maniaplanet". Post at the Maniaplanet Forum.

Thanks for the link!

I didn't want to edit the registry but I made a .cmd file that does the same thing and assigned .gbx files to it.

maniaopenmap.cmd:
Code:
C:\Progra~2\ManiaPlanet\ManiaPlanet.exe /useexedir /singleinst /file=%1

Seems to work! :)
Last edited by ichirou,
Learner Driver

it works (l) now I'll be MXed ;p
Last edited by -32-,
Zimmer Racer

I´m not so experienced with the console stuff.

Could you explain me how to use this cmd-code, ichirou?
Learner Driver

how does this work???
Please, make a more detailed tuto for noobs.

Or maybe, you should open a new thread in the tutorials section, and write step by step how to do that.
You would give a big step-up to mx imo!
Moped Racer

1. Open notepad
2. Write: C:\Progra~2\ManiaPlanet\ManiaPlanet.exe /useexedir /singleinst /file=%1
2.1 Make sure you wrote the correct path to your ManiaPlanet.exe (Progra~2 is the same as \Program Files (x86)\ in my case), note that you can't use blank spaces in the file path and thus write \Progra~2\ instead.
3. File -> Save as: save it anywhere
3.1 Save your file as: yourfilename.cmd
4. Right click on any saved track: Open With -> Choose Default Program
4.1 Browse to where you saved the file and select the file you created (yourfilename.cmd)
5. Done!
Last edited by ichirou,
Learner Driver

you could put the path in quotes and therefore allow spaces
Surely Retired

ichirou, if you can make a new post with the full instruction in the first post, we will sticky it and make front page news to it

(y)

Probabaly in the tutorials section ^^
Last edited by MrA,
Surely Retired
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem