Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Now that TM2 came out... 
Now that TM2 came out...
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
Now that TM2 came out...  
...someone has the possibilty to create more blocks! :d

But simple questions:

Other than modelling skill you might require also a lot of code experience?
and do you need locator for blocks? Maybe that's why when you download the map it downloads all the files before!
So game can crash online. just let's talk about it, because it looks really arousing. :)
Old Age Caravanner

I haven't seen anything about custom blocks, but I haven't really had the chance to play this past week. I would have thought that the release would be close in terms of features to the release candidate. The RC did not include block creation afaik.
Sports Saloon Racer

Damn :(
i've seen the "blocks" folder on skins.
Old Age Caravanner

Yeah, I think they're either saving it for an update or just never bothered to remove blocks from the list of directories created during setup.
Sports Saloon Racer

The "Blocks" folder is for your created macroblocks.
G-kart Racer

That makes sense now.

To those who may not know, macroblocks are the sets of blocks you save using the cut/copy/paste feature in the editor. I've never saved a macroblock, so I wouldn't have known that :p
Sports Saloon Racer

yeah im still trying to think about what macro block would be useful to me.
Beetle Racer

Well, if I came up with a section of track that I really liked, and it didn't fit in whatever track I was building, I could save it as a macroblock for later use.

Personally, I don't think that I would use it for regular sections of track, as I try not to repeat myself too much as a builder.

It might be useful for people who build large story tracks, as they can make large sections of scenery into macroblocks to make things a little easier.
Sports Saloon Racer

Also for downloaded blocks I think.
Old Age Caravanner

What kind of downloaded blocks? The only kind of downloaded blocks would be macroblocks from other users ...
Sports Saloon Racer
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem