Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  Connection to internet drops off regularly 
Connection to internet drops off regularly
Page: 2 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer

i had win 7 and if i dl stuff thru torrent then the whole net disconnected, and the modem restart at high load modem reboot and is upp and running again after 5 minutes again and so on and so on but only when i dl

next time it disconnect ask your dad if he can connect to internet or if its down for all in your house ?

i want win7 but if i have that the internet goes down so i installed xp and no problem at full speed anymore something with
any one know what i mena by those number ?
i know somethin about winxp got 50 and win7 = has no limit on stream maybe not sure but see this article

do you have win7 ? i found this hope it help win7 high load
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer

nope, got windows Vista 64-bit

@ Enai: thanks for the idea, but that won't happen (know that for sure)
@ Spider: atm that my connection drops off, it's just me not having connection
my brother (in the room next to me) doesn't really has that much problems with his connection during gaming
for him, it's only once in a while that it disconnects

so it might be caused somewhere at my pc
You just lost the game ...

... says:
i had win 7 and if i dl stuff thru torrent then the whole net disconnected, and the modem restart at high load modem reboot and is upp and running again after 5 minutes again and so on and so on but only when i dl

wasn't thinking someone is having same problem like me :o when internet cable is connected directly to the laptop, it's fine. when cable is connected to the router and utorrent is not running, it's fine. when router + utorrent, connection drops off every 5 minutes for like a minute, or until you reconnect/restart router. win7 + linksys wrt160n.
p.s. why I'm sure the problem is with the internet and not on the computer - connection is lost on smartphone aswell.
Last edited by Space,
Zimmer Racer

You should configure your torrent then. ;)
As far as I know Win7 has also a max connection limit, it's just higher than in xp.
However, there are tools to change the max connections, but you should use it with cause.
For the torrent, lower max connections and also upload speed. By default most torrent clients are set to unlimited upload speed. Your connection and with that your download speed will be better if you limit upload speed to about 2/3.

..wasn't me

any other things considering the things that I've mentioned on my previous post?
yesterday, it went pretty fine (still had some deconnections though, but less than on other days)

It is a vista machine ... have you considered upgrading?
Sports Saloon Racer

Vista is shitty, although I don't think it should be a problem concerning connectivity.
I'm still guessing it's a problem with the router. Either the signal is too weak - move your PC to another place for testing. Maybe it's already enough to move it just a bit away from the wall or on the other side of your desk.
Also make sure you have the latest chipset drivers and lan drivers on your computer.
Furthermore ask your dad to look for a firmware update for the router.
When you've done all that and it's still not working, then you probably have to live with it until you get a new motherboard/PC. ;)
..wasn't me

the reason I suggested an upgrade is because drivers for vista are often flakey, and may crash from time to time, resulting in something like loss of internet connectivity. It might be a combination of vista and drivers. If no one else on the network is experiencing this problem, then I wouldn't expect that it would be router firmware issue.
Sports Saloon Racer

hmm, probably won't do an upgrade to 7 anyway
don't want to spend money on it atm since I know I'll have it anyway if I buy a new pc later on ^^

and for the drivers (I know I'm stupid), but where to see if they're up-to-date?
might move my pc somewhere at the start from october when I have some free days :)

... says:
spend money on it

:-/
Last edited by Space,
Zimmer Racer
Page: 2 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem