Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  How to stop ghost in intro? 
How to stop ghost in intro?
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
How to stop ghost in intro?  
Hello builders,

In my intro I want to follow a ghost until the half of the track and then stop the camera following the car.
But the camera stays on the car...

What did I do?:

I imported the ghost as a clip ( I even tried to cut out only the part I need, but that didn't work either).
Set a camera, linked it to the car.
Time settings of camera and ghost changed to half of the time (the spot where I want to stop the camera).

Now everything seems to work fine: The camera follows the ghost through half the track, the camera stops, the ghost drives out of the screen.
The camera keeps showing the last spot it was tied to the car, because there is no camera afterwards in the timeline (wasn't able to put another one behind, but it worked).

The problem occurs when playing the online:
The camera keeps following the ghost through the whole track.

I've tried so many different things, but nothing works.
Thanks in advance for any help!

Hans Holo
:d
Beetle Racer

Lets say for example your track is 60 seconds long and you want to follow the ghost for the first 30 seconds.

Put in your ghost track and a camara custom track. Set the Camera Custom to block end at 30 secs. Then type in the timer 30.01 to go to immediate after your camera block ends and then click the insert block button (not insert track) and choose camera custom, block end 60 secs (or whenever) and have the camera do what you want for the rest of the intro.

I hope this makes sense :$
G-kart Racer

Have you unchecked the 'infinite' button? I don't remember how it's called right now, I'm not at the gamers computer.
But when you're in the mediatracker and click on the time-bar of the camera then on the upper left there is a little red dot/light, you have to uncheck it, otherwise the clip will not end.
..wasn't me

Thank you very much Voodoo and Skunky for the help.
Sometimes it's just too easy...you can't imagine what crazy stuff I tried.
I did uncheck the infinity, but I didn't know the difference between inserting block and track as Voodoo mentioned.

B I G thx again! (y) (y) (y)

Hans Holo
:d
Beetle Racer
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem