Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  Totally brilliant, interesting or/and inventive stuff you've... 
Totally brilliant, interesting or/and inventive stuff you've found. That isn't funny.
Page: 2 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer

About that physics thing

Last edited by wormi,
Beetle Racer

wormi says:
Hmm. Computers work because Einstein & Co. have invented those things. Maybe this thing makes the comps even better in next 100 years... If it even is true.

I could post something long and detailed about how computers work, technology improves, new limitations we're facing, and why progress has slowed. I won't. In the interest of brevity, all I'll say is that the upper limit of performance is dictated by the speed of the electronic signals, and the tendency of the aforementioned signals to deviate, causing shorts. Power and thermal solutions are also issues.

Optical computing is on the horizon. Fiber optics is much more dependable, efficient, cooler, etc. than good ol' electronic signals. Practical optical transistors are on the way, and I read somewhere that relatively cheap optical memory is being developed. This is a computing improvement that I believe will come within our lifetimes, and is not changed by some speeding neutrinos :p
Sports Saloon Racer

Yeah I know ^^ As neutrinos go through everything they are pretty useless. Just wanted to bring up that it may have something to do with technology in the future.

And btw, this one is totally "awesome"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjB_JDRE_NQ
Beetle Racer

This is fun but also amazing.. a must see :)
amazing chimps

One more thing are you bad at math see this. Scott flansberg the Human calculator
math

edit : That was totaly briljant and amazing glad you share that jet777. (y)
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer

urgh... Sorry if this is too humor-related for the thread but it's much too brilliant to ignore :p
You might have seen it.
Animator vs Animation (1,2+3)
don't worry about the language barrier, only the title sequence bit is in Spanish^^

Moped Racer
Quad Bike Racer

nice, finally good deblurring!
Back to Toy-Car-Racer :(

I hope that technology transitions over to GIMP, since I don't want to fork over a couple hundred for Photoshop.

I could use that sort of technology since my HD Camcorder can only take 4 megapixel stills.
Rise from the ashes!

You mean you don't use a smartphone for recording? Most will record 720p and have 8MP cameras ...
Sports Saloon Racer
Page: 2 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem