Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  How to export just part of a replay (or shorten the exported... 
How to export just part of a replay (or shorten the exported clip)?
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
How to export just part of a replay (or shorten the exported clip)?  
I did a fair amount of searching, both here and at Maniaplanet, and couldn't find an answer to this...

Let's say I have a 30 second replay, but I only want to use 5 seconds from the middle of that replay in an intro. If I export a clip, I get the whole 30 seconds.

Is there some way to either export a small portion of that replay to a clip, or to shorten the clip ghost after I export it? I feel like I'm missing something simple here... :$

(Also, I tried the "cut block" button in the MT editor, but it doesn't seem to do anything. What does that do, and how is it used?)
Track Slacker

you import the whole lcip then you use the "Start offset" function :)

To use the cut too you first select the blocks you want to use then click cut :)

Edit, or you could use this tutorial too ,if you need it for some reason:

http://united.tm-exchange.com/main.aspx?action=threadshow&id=960385&page=auto#auto
If it works the same for TM2, that is :)
Last edited by Tuta,
· · · – – – · · ·

Tuta says:
Start offset

That's what I needed--thank you! :cool:

(Also, the thread you linked had a good tip about using smaller bits of track to fake the replay sections you wanted to make the final track size smaller, so thanks for that too!)
Track Slacker

I have a kind of related problem
I'm making a whole presentation video of my latest track
So on the first turns, some replays are showing the path basicly

Then i reimported those replays to show them on a different place of the track.
So i deplaced the beginning of the block manually to have them well distincted.
But, they appears on the first views because i need them to begin the track little time before the first replays to match perfectly the time of the replay and the place of the track...
So i wanted to erase the second replays from the beginning to the right moment for not have them to interfere with the firsts views, but when i select one and i choose cut nothing happens

Any idea for solving this ? :(
Thanks a lot in advance :p
Learner Driver

Aldherrian says:
So i wanted to erase the second replays from the beginning to the right moment for not have them to interfere with the firsts views, but when i select one and i choose cut nothing happens

Aldherrian, I didn't really understand Tuta's reply regarding the cut tool, so maybe he will provide more information. Every time I try to use it, I can't get anything to happen either.

Other than that, I don't know of a way to shorten a replay. The only things you can do are:

1) Use a shorter replay--either start the car at a later point in the track (in the editor test mode) and hit "S" at any point to save the replay, or
2) Build a short fake/imitation version of that part of the track, with maybe a booster at the start to get the right speed, and make your replay on that track, or
3) Just make the ghost start at a later time. Click on a ghost and change the numbers in the "start offset" box. These numbers are seconds, and you can make the value negative or positive. By changing the start offset number, the ghost will "start" at any point you wish.
Track Slacker

It was difficult for me to explain but i did number three
In fact the second place i show is close to the the first but to jump directly from one to the other, i had to make the second replays start earlier.
That's working for the second place
But like this, on the end of the first view, we can see the second replays and i don't want to let it like that :(

Edit : I could do this, but this track is very hard for me and managing to get around ten ghosts is almost a miracle x')

Edit 2 : I finally decided to make several files in the editor in order to dodge these problems. I'll bind them together after the shoot.
But i'm still interested about the original question so, if someones find something please post :p
Last edited by Aldherrian,
Learner Driver

So...if I understand you correctly, you're basically getting overlapping between the two ghosts? You can see them both at the same time, and that's what you're trying to fix?

It might work to just make a new ghost for one of them, but add "dead space" at the beginning...just sit at the starting line for a few seconds before you start, and then adjust the offset as needed?

I'd have to try it to be sure...
Track Slacker
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem