Video formatting
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
Video formatting  
Hello,

I want to make a video of two replays. I have exported them into avi with the resolution of my screen 1920x1200.
I've edited them in a Videoprogram and want to export the new film. Then I always get a wrong size (picture is stretched).
I've tried the options my program offers: 16:9, 4:3, 2.21 and 10:9.
16:9 looks quite good (can't see that it's stretched, but not sure), but then I have a black frame around the movie.
Can anyone tell me how to keep the right size?

Thanks for any help
Hans Holo
:d

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trying 16:10 now...
16:10 seems to be the best so far, but there are still black bars at the top and the bottom.
Last edited by Hans Holo,
Beetle Racer

weird, since 1920*1200 is 16/10...
Zimmer Racer

Like space said, you're exporting 16:10 ratio. For 16:9, you want 1920 x 1080. That's full HD resolution.
Sports Saloon Racer

Yea but he's got black bars no matter what. ^^
His screen resolution is 16:10. The game, as far as I know, only supports 16:9, or in other words, it only has 16:9 textures. (At least it did in beta).
But all that doesn't really explain the black bars.
Maybe you just have to live with 'em. ^^
..wasn't me

Thx for your help guys, it's always nice to see that the community doesn't leave you alone with problems. (y)
I've found the solution. I have to admit that I'm using Magix (I know it's horrible, but I had it on my computer from some hardwarebundle). There was a master-setting that interfered even when I set the ratio right. My fault, sorry.
:$
But what Skunky said leads me to another question: If there are no textures to support 1920x1200, does it mean I always play the game with streched graphics?
:o
Beetle Racer

SkunkY says:
His screen resolution is 16:10. The game, as far as I know, only supports 16:9, or in other words, it only has 16:9 textures. (At least it did in beta).

Hans Holo says:
But what Skunky said leads me to another question: If there are no textures to support 1920x1200, does it mean I always play the game with streched graphics?
:o

As far as I know, there is no such thing as 16:9/16:10 textures or textures specified for any special screen ratio. That's just silly ^^. There is HD textures of course but it does not have anything to do with screen ratio.
Learner Driver

Other games adapt to your screen ratio. TM² does not. At least it did not in the beta and back then Nadeo said they're not planning to do so. So if you're using a 5:4 monitor and set the grafix to 5:4 you play with distorted grafix.
I can't say if it does adapt now because before release I changed to a 16:10 monitor and differences to 16:9 are hardly noticable.
..wasn't me

Tm2 video capture option. (i use divx that is vere fast)
(speed,mode,size)

01. speed 2 "full frame" 815mb
02. speed 4 "helix" 408mb
03. speed 3 "divx" 39mb
04. speed 1 "indeo" 64mb
05. fail h261
06. fail h263
07. speed 3 "mv1" 153mb
08. fail "rle"
09. fail "intel" ivyc
10.speed 1 "intel 4.5" 74mb
11. fail "intel r 3.2"
12. fail "intel 2.5"
13 speed 0 "cinepack" 68mb

helix mode is fastest.
cinepack is very slow. :o
divx is smallest and nearly fastest.

hope it help someone.. :)
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer

That's a really useful list, except it doesn't have anything about quality ... which one looks the best?

Then users can balance quality and compression find themselves a happy medium. We cannot just assume that a smaller file size means lower quality (although there is probably some correlation).
Sports Saloon Racer

Here is my settings and i used divx and you can see the quality here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UAvRU-QSnM]divx" target="_blank">http://[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UAvRU-QSnM]divx

Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem