Location: Home  Community Forums  Resources  TMSIGNS : Signs for Canyon trackmakers 
TMSIGNS : Signs for Canyon trackmakers
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
TMSIGNS : Signs for Canyon trackmakers  
I created this big set with a total of 89 signs for the canyon environment for everyone to use.
All signs are designed to fit into the brownish, vacant canyon setting very well, but still adding some colour and variety to your scenery.

You can browse through the TMSigns Manialink to take a quick look at all of the 89 signs and download them from there, aswell. You can do that sign by sign or just get the whole package.
All signs will install automatically (sorted) to your Advertisement folder complete with locators (*) and you can use them directly in your editor!

To get an idea on how this collection actually looks like in the game, i made a little trailer for it here on TM-Tube and created some screenshots showing a few of the the signs in sunset and night mood:

(click for large version)

I spent a lot time to complete this set till i reached a certain point of satisfaction. That's why i hope you'll enjoy it, too =)

(*) all signs are hosted on ManiaCreative, make a visit to get more TrackMania related downloads, services and tutorials!
tracks for nolifers!

wow very nice signs! awsome job! (y)
Beetle Racer

very Well Done !
Learner Driver

thanks! now let's build some tracks :d
tracks for nolifers!

Nice work! :gold:
Default signs are too limited. We need something like this!
Quad Bike Racer

Bought! They look beautiful, thanks for sharing! (l)
Old Age Caravanner

they're looking great (y)
Beetle Racer

Good work doben! (y)
The signs fit very well into the canyon envi.
But I'm not very comfortable with the advertisement. Why doing advertisement for companies like Burger King? Sure, it adds a bit realism to the game, since every sports-event is full of ads. But since our complete life is full of advertisement, I prefer my games ( and the whole space I can choose myself, in opposition to the public space) without ads. I'd like it more if the signs wouldn't show real companies, like changing Pennzoil to Penicillin or complete fictional companies.
:)
Beetle Racer

As you said, it adds to the realism, that's all there is to it.
Your idea is not bad, but I can't imagine sitting down and create lots of images of fictional companies, especially in high quality regarding the design of such logos.

But I guess for me it's more like driving real cars in a racing game rather than some fictional ones or playing with real football players rather with generated ones :)
tracks for nolifers!

changing them to fictional companies. mmm not good idea in my head people drive the tracks and see something like Castrol they know what it is but if it says Castriel or something like it, like i have done on other peoples tracks, you tend to slow down or even stop, and think wtf is that, put a nice advert in a easy place to see it, and it works very well everytime, for keep the real adverts :)
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem