Location: Home  Community Forums  General  R/C Racing: Possible new track style? 
R/C Racing: Possible new track style?
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
R/C Racing: Possible new track style?  
I've been playing around with the mediatracker, and I figured out how to add a fixed position camera to a track in a way that simulates driving from a driver's stand rather than inside your vehicle.

This thread isn't about how to do that.

It's about somewhat simple circuit/lap tracks that use a fixed camera to give the feel of racing an R/C car instead of a real one.

Anyway, do you think tracks like that are going to become a new Trackmania sub-culture like RPG tracks or am I the only one who's interested?
Rise from the ashes!

I think these would be great for multiplayer. I'm fascinated by the idea actually. I'd be interested to try such tracks if I had the time ;)
Sports Saloon Racer

You mean this kind of view while racing?
Old Age Caravanner

I have 3 of those at tmnforever. 8-|
meight do one or two here as well. :cool:
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer

GrimR says:
You mean this kind of view while racing?

Yes, but a bit higher up.
Rise from the ashes!

I had a play around with cams bit like this

http://tm.mania-exchange.com/tracks/view/608/micro-machines-canyon
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER

a cam view like the 'helicopter' view?
You just lost the game ...

I don't think he means the helicopter view. I think that the camera position, in this case, remains stationary (maybe a target of the local player). The position of the camera would not necessarily be directly above the track. Instead, picture yourself driving a remote control car. You don't chase it around staying above it looking down, you remain still, and drive around that way.
Sports Saloon Racer

Bucky says:
I don't think he means the helicopter view. I think that the camera position, in this case, remains stationary (maybe a target of the local player). The position of the camera would not necessarily be directly above the track. Instead, picture yourself driving a remote control car. You don't chase it around staying above it looking down, you remain still, and drive around that way.

This exactly.

However, European RC Rally drivers will run the course with their cars, but that's another type of racing that I'm not too familiar with.
Last edited by Phoenyx Imperius,
Rise from the ashes!

I made easter eggs in some of my TM1 maps with an rc cam. There's one in Black Velvet and Quicky Tarmac. Although you can only drive on a large open grass part. It would be cool to make a multilap course for it. Im already fan of top down tracks anyway. :)

Black Velvet easter egg is at jump after double looping. Dont take the jump but drive into a hole on either side.
Quicky Tarmac easter egg is easy, two holes next to first cp.

Just make sure your car lands on it's wheels. :)
Last edited by GR.,
Quad Bike Racer
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem