Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  help needed: cam of my gps does not work right. 
help needed: cam of my gps does not work right.
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
help needed: cam of my gps does not work right.  
Hello, I hope someone of you can help me, this problem really gets on my nerves and I don't know how to fix it.

I added a camera path to my ghost, to make the gps more interesting. of course the camera has to change sometimes it's position to stay behind the car. between these "big parts" where the camera just follows the car and does not move around it or sth. are "little parts" of always 2 seconds. i used them to let the camera take it's new position to create a smooth camera movement.

all this went quite well, but in 2 of these little parts the camera suddenly makes a big bow around the map instead of going directly to it's new position and i have no clue why it is doing that.

you can find the track here, deleted the password, so everyone can have a look and maybe find my mistake.

I hope my problem is not this big and someone of you can help me. :)

edit:

I know now why the camera is not doing what it usually should do. there are to parts the camera stands, so it just follows the car by turning around and not moving behind it. (I hope you know what i mean, cause i don't know all the terms of the mediatracker in english, so it's hard to explain. :o) the two "little parts" which does not work are the ones right before these "big parts" where the cam stands still. i made the cam in these parts moving and surprise! the camera works without problems all the time.

but what i want to know now is: is there any option to make the cam working without changing these parts where the camera stands still? cause i like them how they are and i hope i don't have to delete them. (if there's anything you don't understand, please ask for it, I think my descriptions are not always completely clear. :d)
Last edited by XT kruemelyeti,
Moped Racer

Instead of a Camera Path use Camera Race. Set it to the ghost replay. Then it should follow the ghost just like the camera follows you when you drive around (y)
Sports Saloon Racer

I know this option is possible too, but my intention was to make the gps worth seeing, so i took "camera path" to have different angles to show the gps and i guess it must be possible to make this working, I just don't know where the mistake is. :(
But thank you for helping! ;)
Moped Racer

Sorry, I'm trying to help you from my linux machine, so I don't have access to the track.

You're trying to get rid of a big bow in the path of the camera? If that's the case then simply change its interpolation. I don't know which setting it is that you want without the MT in front of me. But interpolation is the way the camera moves between keyframes. No interpolation means that the camera position doesn't move. Hermite, I believe, is the default setting, where the camera path bows to make direction changes smooth. Linear is what you want (I think). Again, I'm basing this off of my memory alone ;)
Sports Saloon Racer

the problem is, when i use "camera path" it's not possible to change the interpolation, because it's simply not listed on the left side. I had this idea too but sadly the interpolation ist just changeable if you use the "custom camera".

edit: the problem is really like the interpolation is "hermit", it describes exactly my problem, but i wonder why i can't change the interpolation of a "camera path" or rather how to change it.
Last edited by XT kruemelyeti,
Moped Racer

Can you switch to camera custom or do you have to use camera path?
Sports Saloon Racer

i tried to use custom camera, but then i can make a smooth transition from the moving camera view to the anchored camera view, so i have to use a transition fade in this case. no matter, the problem seems to be much more complicated that it seemd to be, so i use a normal camera view now til i found a possibility to realize what i wanted to try.
Moped Racer

hermite in custom camera or camera path always make the camera flow smooth. The problem that comes with it is, if you put really hard changes of the camera position between two points the camera will make huge bow where you don't want to have it.
So simply try to make the setting points in a good "flow", so that the camera does not have to take too sharp turns, because that usually doesn't work.
If that also doesn't work, try a linear custom camera. It doesn't look that nice, but it's really easy to handle ;)
Beetle Racer
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem