Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC November 2012 [Results on page 10!] 
MTC November 2012 [Results on page 10!]
Page: 1 of 11
Post Reply  0 Observer
MTC November 2012 [Results on page 10!]  
Welcome to the ManiaExchange Monthly Track Contest (MTC), November 2012, hosted by MX.

In the MTC, your task is to build a track on a given theme (see below). Later on, all of the entered tracks will be rated by our judges and a winner will be found.

The Details

Let's have a look at the details of the contest:

Theme of the Month: Area Jumping: You have to choose one of the given track bases (see below) and build your track within the marked area. The trick is that all bases have been divided in two different areas, separated by air. The driving route must switch between the areas at least 3 times (in other words, both areas must be driven on at least two separate times).

Deadline: Saturday, 17th November

Prize:

:gold: Honour and the right to brag! (Jozii used to say that :p)

The rules:

:done: The track must be built on one of the given track bases (see below).

:done: The track bases have been separated in two different areas. You must switch the area at least 3 times. You can only switch the area where the space between the areas is the smallest (see below for examples).

:done: You may not build outside the areas, but you may build on any height. This includes scenery!

:done: You are allowed to use terraforming and tunnels as long as you do not touch the area outside the restricted areas. However, you may not delete any pre-placed ground!

:done: You are, once again, allowed to use TMUnlimiter.

:done: You are allowed to change the time of the day.

:done: You may submit ONE track.

:done: The author time must not be over 2:00 minutes. No minimum limit.

:done: Name your track "TrackName (MTC)", where "TrackName" is whatever name you want to give the track. EXAMPLE: "Division (MTC)".

:done: The track must have been uploaded to the exchange between (and including) 2nd and 17th November 2012.

Important: To enter a track, simply upload it and post your submission in THIS thread.

Examples of what's not allowed:

:done: You are not allowed to build outside the restricted area - everything must be above or under the given ground. Therefore passages like this are unallowed.

:done: Any part of the block must not be outside the restricted area. As long as no block has water underneath it, you should be fine. This, for example, is not allowed.

:done: You may only switch between the two areas from the places where the distance between the areas is the shortest. This means that jumps like this are unallowed as well.

The Judging System:

A number of judges will rate the tracks on the following topics:

:award: Design – Layout, respawnability of checkpoints, scenery, the general "feel" of the track. Max 20 points/judge

:award: Creativity – The creativity of the track itself and especially the area switches. Also the usage of the two different areas. Max 10 points/judge

:award: Fun Factor – Sometimes a track can be poor in every way, but still extremely fun to drive. Depending on how fun the judges find your track, a few extra points can be given. Max 10 points/judge

Regarding the final results, the lowest and highest score of each track will be deleted and the average of the "medium scores" decides - if the number of judges is at least 5.

TRACK BASES:

Track base #1
Track base #2
Track base #3
Track base #4

We need reliable and committed judges, so if you want to volunteer as a judge, please send a PM to Ville!

Good luck! If you have any questions, please ask away :d

Last edited by Ville,
Back in action!

Ashamed to admit that I have no idea if the base tracks are good. I haven't built anything in Canyon for a loooooong time. But I hope you guys like them, because in case you don't, I just ruined the whole competition x)

Please ask away any questions you might have! It might be confusing at first glance, but it's really simple in the end. Just don't build over area marked with the ground, and remember that you have to cross the gap between the two areas at least 3 times.
Back in action!

Cool idea, looks challenging. I may give this one a shot. :cool:
Beetle Racer

Ville says:
But I hope you guys like them, because in case you don't, I just ruined the whole competition x)

:gold: =p

Just in case, there are some blocks which you can build on the edge and they visually have no water beneath them, but their "building...box" leaps over the edge like here:

What about this "special case"? ;)

Awesome theme though! (l)
Last edited by FT»Tobbe,
Old Age Caravanner

Two questions.

1) I presume you are allowed to do long distance jumps provided they (the car) cross over the area of the smallest distance between the two bases. Correct?

2) If you have a jump at an angle (diagonal), so that the car may be over the water like the block is in the second picture at a time, but still crosses at the area of smallest distance, would that be allowed?

Those aren't very well worded. I'll follow up with pictures later.
Moped Racer

Ville says:
Ashamed to admit that I have no idea if the base tracks are good. I haven't built anything in Canyon for a loooooong time. But I hope you guys like them, because in case you don't, I just ruined the whole competition x)

They could use a little more flow, but the speed is okay. :p

Two things:

- Can I build UNDER the terrain?

- Do the blocks with the sides on them count as buildable blocks? I mean when you place a block that's hanging over the edge is that allowed or not?
Moped Racer

FT»Tobbe says:

What about this "special case"? ;)

This is allowed for practical reasons. Same counts for all blocks that are visually above the ground even though the grid isn't.

cxomtdoh says:
1) I presume you are allowed to do long distance jumps provided they (the car) cross over the area of the smallest distance between the two bases. Correct?

2) If you have a jump at an angle (diagonal), so that the car may be over the water like the block is in the second picture at a time, but still crosses at the area of smallest distance, would that be allowed?

Both allowed.

Enai Siaion says:
- Can I build UNDER the terrain?

Yes, usage of tunnels is allowed.

Enai Siaion says:
- Do the blocks with the sides on them count as buildable blocks? I mean when you place a block that's hanging over the edge is that allowed or not?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this one, could you take a screenshot or name a block as an example?
Last edited by Ville,
Back in action!

IMPORTANT: Maximum time limit of 2:00 minutes added. No time minimum.

Sorry, just forgot to add this one.
Back in action!

Great theme (l) Will definitely try to participate.
Moped Racer

I've a question :

Where can I download TM2 Unlimiter ?

:)
Learner Driver
Page: 1 of 11 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem