lost interest
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
lost interest  
Hey hey guys n gals.. :)

No real reason apart from just a comment from me...

I bin playing online and got to 80k a while ago and then was faced with piddly small pits that have gocartish no fun tracks so i lost interest... just too dammn serious 4 my liking...

this condition appears to be terminal to my aspirations of racing online and i really dont care if others view my response as negative.... just voicing my opinion is all.. :) one could say taht all i was doing was racing for points and that may well be true hoo hoo .. but it was fun whilst the tracks and competition were not quite so serious..

alex / axon / atozix.. the deserter. :d
Last edited by atozix,
Learner Driver

hmmm, perhaps we will see you back in a couple months... I have tried to give up TM before and, boy, is it hard. I must agree with you though on the servers. for some reason everyone populates the awful servers with the horrible tracks and then everyone else goes to the servers because there is alot of LP opportunities with alot of people. It makes me sad to see someone leave but I know that TM isn't everything in life. (but its pretty freakin close... =p )
Beetle Racer

Banjee says:
hmmm, perhaps we will see you back in a couple months... I have tried to give up TM before and, boy, is it hard.

imho in TM² it's much easier to leave forever than in TMF.
Zimmer Racer

So now that you can't get a better rank you lose interest? Is that really other peoples fault?
Are the others taking it too serious or is it you maybe? ;)
I'm playing TM² once a week for 20 minutes if it's much, so maybe I just don't understand. And certainly I'm not informed about servers and their drivers but I'm quite confident there are lots of people playing it for the fun and race on servers that run tracks they enjoy.
You shouldn't blame others if that's not your thing.

Sorry if I sound harsh but that's just me. I'm barely known as the polite guy. :p
..wasn't me

If the online ladder isn't your thing because you don't like the tracks you have to play, then maybe try to do good on the MX ladder?

I know we all play for different reasons.

For me, I play for the track building, and just the challenge of trying different maps. I don't try to be the best or have the highest rank in anything. It's just the experience of trying different things that give fun and satisfaction.

Although lately I have tried to improve my rank online a bit, just because it's fun to see how high I can get. I've had so much fun on the "Very Short:)" server which is usually the most populated whenever I get on to do some racing. The maps vary from 10secs to 35secs and there's a nice mix of fullspeed, speed-slide, tech, and even some odd mini and lolmaps. If I don't enjoy a certain map too much, there's usually people on the server to strike up some conversation with so I don't have to hunt it too seriously. Other maps I'll stay totally silent as it's really fun to do as many runs as possible and hunt the best time.

I think the best drivers in TM are the ones who are adept at driving many different styles, from Trial and RPG, to Tech and Fullspeed.... and if you can get good at everything... I think it makes you a more well rounded player and increases your enjoyment of the game immensely. You don't have to say "oh I don't like these maps" or "oh I don't like those maps". It's all about you and what you make of the game and your experience playing them. You can have some fun on just about any map. If the map is too frustrating to hunt a time on, you can always go off and do some freestyle stunts on parts while other people drive it.

That having been said, there's nothing wrong with losing interest either. There's plenty of other things to keep one busy these days. And maybe your interest will be rekindled when we get SM Storm or TM2 Valley next year.

Cya 'round! (y)
Site Leader

It is too easy to make an average track and almost impossible to go beyond that. That takes all of the fun and challenge out of building tracks.
Moped Racer

Well when you get that high up the ranks things do get serious, normally the kind of people who get that high are serious people. As far as I can tell you play a lot for the social side of it as well so you probably won't enjoy the mx and ingame solo ladders (if I'm wrong then gogogo, hope to see your name up there). There's always the option of staying on servers you can't get lp on and just having fun, if you're not wanting to be serious then not getting lp shouldn't worry you too much. Find servers with friendly people and muck about a bit.
If alternately you like the idea of competition but not too serious then try going in the MX-KO. I know it sounds more serious but it's more of a friendly competition than the 90k servers you obviously despise so much. If you like that sort of thing then there are many more friendly competitions you could go in, there's a few servers with planets for server rank and other things like that. If you want details then just ask.
I hope to see you online sometime axon, it's been too long.

ps. I finally caught you in the Aussie ladder, you got so far ahead! still not 1st though, damn voltor :p
Old Age Caravanner

yeah all the comments and suggestions are quite right.... i just got too used to playing for points.... i shall severely castigate myself.... :$ i said castigate not castrate.. hohoho.. :cool:

im just a mediocre player and am accustomed to a middle of the field position which i can still attain in the larger pits... but with the higher rated pits, the small number of competitors makes them less appealing... = very hard to even get in.. :s

as i do enjoy online play and all the verbal jostling etc i might reevaluate and am quite looking forward to seeing what valley will be like. :) ..

mister waffling in the breeze :s :p
Learner Driver

Wait... atozix = axon?

I learn something new everyday. :p
Site Leader

yeah valley will be awesome i hope
the video when someone build a track in valley looks kinda cool
so i look forward to it
and as you know many was only stadium players in tmu and that is like 7 env. and we have just seen 1 or 2 of TM2 ^^ maybe it will come around 5 env..

And i hope this site will stay alive but in an emergency we can ask nadeo because its in there intrest to keep this site here becouse mx/tmx is trackmania and as eyebo say he is playing tm becouse of the track editor and i guess there is many like him that playing becouse of that and if this site is down nadeo meight lose those people and way build tracks if you cant upload theme ans show for other.
and no new tracks means the servers will go down becouse there is no new tracks so this site must stay alive or else tm/tm2 will disapper.

btw: i think that was nadeo plan to keep the game simple for anyone but the challenge is gone a little that i must say but there is like 100 tricks in tm2 to figure out how to take all the turns the best way and gain time.
and if you think this game is to simple then you can be best by improve every drift/every corner find every turn trick etc.. (how to keep the wheel on the hill to gain 3 car in length)
sry a little of topic.

edit: 8 dec 17:00 sweden
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem