Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Blogs, what are they for ? 
Blogs, what are they for ?
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Blogs, what are they for ?  
So far, the blog section is mostly filled with posts containing 2 lines...

"hey i made a new track.
here is the link : www.xyz"

In very special cases there is a 3rd line :

"you can win planets for good replays till the X.Y."

Is that realy what the blog section is intendet for ? Is that what valuable developing time was used for ? Is that why we need this feature so much ?

What are your thoughts on this ? SHould we have some rules on what can be postet and what not ?
Old Age Caravanner

mostly agree about "valuable time". forzy often wastes his time on unnecessary things ): background, duo accounts, blogs, etc. (duo accounts are unusable here since we can't make offline account in tm2 for duo tracks; correct me if I'm wrong)
Zimmer Racer

Space says:
we can't make offline account in tm2 for duo tracks; correct me if I'm wrong)

go to split screen or hot seat, and i believe you can make local accounts. 8-|
Beetle Racer

I dislike that blogs are used for self-promotion. That's what the Your Tracks forum is for.

I would like to see blog entries such that no entry can have a link to any track by the author.
Sports Saloon Racer

Or just moderate the blogs a little bit. There are not many, anyway. And if one is just self advertisement, then delete it ^^

edit : on the other hand, I think we should know what the blogs are for, not what they are NOT for. I prefer positive definitions instead of negative ones.
Last edited by smigles,
Old Age Caravanner

If that's not actually a rule, then there's no grounds for deletion. Just because I think that that's the way it should be doesn't mean that I should acting as if it was :p

Besides, a track link catcher sounds like something that could be hard-coded into the blog editor 8-|
Sports Saloon Racer

There are rules posted.

But we do need to moderate more heavily.

One of the things people have done is used them for planet competitions on tracks. They open a planet competition with the sole purpose of advertising and promoting their track. They don't say anything about the track at all.

Probably a rule should be made that you can't advertise your own track directly. That would cut down on the clutter a lot.

There is of course already a thread in the forums for Planet Competitions on tracks. So it's not like people don't have a place to post those.

The blog feature is new to all of us, including the moderators. We don't want to over-moderate, as that discourages people from using it. But we also recognize that it can get out of hand.

Let's see what we can do to improve it.
Site Leader

i think that the bolgs would be a good way to let peoepl know whats going on with you TMwise. the way i envisioned it a user would post like once a month and give an overveiw of track released and favorite tracks play for the whole month. hmm, maybe i should do that...
Beetle Racer

Space says:
wastes his time on unnecessary things ): background, duo accounts, blogs

That's your opinion and not one I agree with. Though I can vouch for the background. But MX was getting a bit 'stale'.
Deep fried
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem